Fear and Loathing in Vegas? (1 Viewer)

fishsaybloop

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Hi PCF,

I have a friend who's visiting Vegas in September and I thought where better to get advice than PCF. I've incepted her inquiry below:

"Hi! I'll be visiting Vegas in September for the first time with my husband. We've been married for 3 years and this is our first honeymoon trip since covid. We want to experience everything that's it's made it out to be. Please let me know everything we need to eat, see, feel, stay, and try! We have a 16 years age difference so a variety is key. Thank you!! Much love xx LSCB.'

TL;DR
Got tips for Vegas?

PCF is great for Vegas information as it relates to chips/poker, but there is another message board that covers absolutely everything Vegas in great detail that is a must read. I don't know if I'm allowed to name it on this board, so pm me if you want the link.

Some of my favorite restaurants:
Crack Shack for affordable but fantastic eats - fried chicken sandwiches.
Best Friend at Park MGM - Roy Choi’s Korean BBQ fusion
Nobu - fine dining seafood/ Japanese. Pricey, but there’s hype for a reason
Momofuku at the Cosmo - David Chang’s incredible Asian American cuisine
Eggslut for breakfast if you don’t mind standing in line for 45min
Secret Pizza in the Cosmo for 2am drunk cravings

For shows - Absinthe is fantastic if you don’t mind a raunchy circus burlesque-y theme, Atomic Saloon was also hilarious and wacky but fun.

@fishsaybloop - would you mind sharing where they are from? If they are from a big city food mecca, Vegas food is somewhat disappointing in my opinion.

They want to see some shows? What's their taste? Big difference between recommending Absinthe (which is great) versus Le Reve/Cirque versus more traditional old school vegas shows.

They'll likely want to spent some strip time and at least a visit to downtown.

They also need to understand how far away everything on the strip is. Many first timers assume because they see it they can walk to it.

I wonder if this would include a visit to The Green Door?
So a different kind of magic show hahaha. Btw the TripAdvisor reviews are hilarious.

Thanks @kmccormick100 for the food tips. These sound right in target.

@MrCatPants, they’re from Singapore! Let me ask about the shows. What’s good downtown? Or maybe even worth a hike to Sam’s town? Haha.

Thanks @ReallyGoodUsername ! Will let them know to check it out ◡̈

For the true Fear and Loathing experience, they need to make sure they pack properly.

They'll need:

- Two bags of grass
- Seventy-five pellets of mescaline
- Five sheets of high powered blotter acid
- A salt shaker half full of cocaine
- A galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers
- Quart of tequila
- Quart of rum
- Case of Budweiser
- Pint of raw ether
- Two dozen amyls

For the true Fear and Loathing experience, they need to make sure they pack properly.

They'll need:

- Two bags of grass
- Seventy-five pellets of mescaline
- Five sheets of high powered blotter acid
- A salt shaker half full of cocaine
- A galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers
- Quart of tequila
- Quart of rum
- Case of Budweiser
- Pint of raw ether
- Two dozen amyls
I'll just copy paste to pack my bags for Dan's shindig (i'll switch out the booze & liquor with 420) :LOL: :laugh:

So a different kind of magic show hahaha. Btw the TripAdvisor reviews are hilarious.

Thanks @kmccormick100 for the food tips. These sound right in target.

@MrCatPants, they’re from Singapore! Let me ask about the shows. What’s good downtown? Or maybe even worth a hike to Sam’s town? Haha.

Thanks @ReallyGoodUsername ! Will let them know to check it out ◡̈
I haven't been downtown in like 8 years or so. The Freemont street experience/overhead lights is something to see - you'd have to rely on others for more specific recommendations downtown.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom