FDLmold's House Mold Micro Cash Set (1 Viewer)

FDLmold

Royal Flush
Reaction score
The original Excalibur $1 chips are probably my favorite $1 chips ever. Leaded, textured inlay, Paulson, Vegas chips - what's not to love? So a little over a year ago I decided to build a micro cash set around them. After at least 25 transactions, I've gotten to where the set is playable, though not quite done yet. Enjoy the prOn!

WIN_20181128_21_39_34_Pro.jpg

The quarters are live MGM Grand Detroit, version 2. The two-buck chips are live Caesars poker room $2 chips. The nickels are live Mirage poker room $1 chips relabeled to nickels. Thanks @Gear !

WIN_20181128_21_41_01_Pro.jpg

WIN_20181128_21_41_20_Pro.jpg

The set is designed for my 8-person max home mixed cash game. I'd like a barrel of nickels for each player eventually. The quarters and dollars need to be in whole-rack amounts just for convenience and resale. That left two spots for barrels of Caesars $2 chips to add some needed color.
n=133 5c chips (still need 27 sharp chips to complete)
n=300 25c chips (done)
n=190 $1 chips (10 are on the way, though a couple barrels worth could use an upgrade from mostly sharp to razor sharp)
n=40 $2 chips (done)

n=700 total chips

My players don't know how good they have it. But I do, and playing with these chips is fantastic. A couple splashed pot pics to conclude.
WIN_20181128_21_45_14_Pro.jpg

WIN_20181128_21_45_21_Pro.jpg

Regretfully, there are some casualties.
WIN_20181128_22_05_08_Pro.jpg

There are about 90 Mirage Poker Room chips that aren't quite sharp enough for my taste. I'm probably going to clean them up, maybe find a couple more that I can use, then sell the rest. I hate to sell less than a rack though.

I had 320 MGM quarters. I kept one for a separate collection, and removed the worst 19 chips. The 19 are clean and coming soon to a classified near you!

I do not need 300+ ones in the set. These 125 Excalibur $1 chips are clean and a lot are sharp (the blue edgespots dull first compared to the white base, big time). I'll probably sell a random rack of 100 of the chips.

The Dunes Baccarat $5 barrels are mint, but they will never hit the table, so I'd rather have that $$ in my pocket.

BEAUTIFUL set. I had to go back 3 times to check to make sure there was no for sale tag. ;)

Edit: (For the whole lot)

Great set!! Your game must play fairly shallow? Last week in my 5c/10c game we had at least half a rack of 5s on the table I think. 100x5c, 200x25c, 200x1 all in play as well.

Just thinking you may want to hold onto those 5's just in case :)

*This was with 10 players, and multiple rebuys...but still, it can happen!

Last edited:
I'm really digging your set.

I think the Mirage would look good as a $5 chip if you can stomach a yellow Vegas chip over the traditional red.

Northern Indiana. Elkhart. All are welcome. I need to host a micro stakes meet up sometime. Once ABC makes my Palmas ceramic micro set and I build my 7x4 double pedestal, I can host 16 easily.

My big bet games have a $10 cap on the pot. 5c/10c NL and PL games, 25c/50c limit games and stud games. 5c/point Chinese poker (pineapple open face). Your worst day you'd lose maybe $20-25, and that's what my friends can handle. I just throw a couple barrels of everything in front of me and play. A homogeneous game of just NLHE does not interest me, and most of my friends are still learning the proper way to play the other games. I don't think any of them have ever seen a stud "bring in" before. Gotta crawl before you can walk.

I'm really digging your set.

I think the Mirage would look good as a $5 chip if you can stomach a yellow Vegas chip over the traditional red.
The chips are out there. Finding Excalibur $1 chips in excellent condition in quantity is a bitch, same for the Mirage poker room $1s. Of the transactions I made, about 20 included some Excalibur chips. I think a member here just looted the Mirage poker room of their best remaining $1 chips. But if you can sacrifice on the condition, this isn't too bad to put together. If you live in Vegas, I've heard you can still find knight-on-horseback $1 chips on the floor.

@FDLmold, I just realized Indy usually refers to Indianapolis. I was just shortening Indiana. :)

Sounds like a great game. That's where we play, too. Going to do a couple orbits of PLO tomorrow night. Gotta get my labels for my 8v's done, so I can get my limit set up and running. Wish I could justify a 10-hr round trip to possibly win $50.

Ten mint/near mint Excaliburs added. Two racks mostly done.
WIN_20181203_22_27_51_Pro.jpg

WIN_20181203_22_29_28_Pro.jpg

Still need 26 mint or near mint Mirage Poker $1 chips. That will probably be a one-at-a-time project. No rush.

Sure, your micro players will never know how much time, effort, and care you put into this set! Lucklily, that's not the point and you get to enjoy a sweet set of chips with friends! Great set.

Updated photo:

I finished the two racks of Mirage $1 relabels, so that's done. I'm keeping all my Excalibur $1s in the meantime (140 mint, 190 circulated) while I figure out whether I want mint chips with this set or circulated. I have a couple barrels of more suitable fives arriving soon, and I'll post another update when they get here. I've had a lot of fun building this, and it will be nice to be done someday. The only real needs are more Excaliburs and another barrel of Caesars $2 chips.

Trying to figure out how to put this without ending up in the out-of-context thread, but no matter...

I really want to get to Indiana to play with those!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom