FB Marketplace Strikes Again (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I really shouldn't have bought this set - I have stacks of second-hand poker sets that I've bought "just to have a look at" because the designs were something I hadn't seen before, but this one really intrigued me so thought I would share.
20210122_145226.jpg
20210122_144711.jpg

It was poorly listed, just one or two very blurry photos but the colours stood out and I was wondering if it was a set of Paulsons from the colours. Alas, it wasn't (I did know this before buying!) - but they are some of the coolest looking 14g slugged chips I've seen. It's a really odd mix of crisp, great looking chips and the blandest, most boring labels I've ever seen. 495 chips in total.

Question is - Do I chuck these on the pile to be put back on marketplace or should I undertake my first ever custom chip project and get these relabeled? I'm siding with the latter option but would appreciate any advice (I may need to post this in the custom chip forum also).

20210122_145132.jpg
20210122_144725.jpg

I really shouldn't have bought this set - I have stacks of second-hand poker sets that I've bought "just to have a look at" because the designs were something I hadn't seen before, but this one really intrigued me so thought I would share.
View attachment 619663View attachment 619664
It was poorly listed, just one or two very blurry photos but the colours stood out and I was wondering if it was a set of Paulsons from the colours. Alas, it wasn't (I did know this before buying!) - but they are some of the coolest looking 14g slugged chips I've seen. It's a really odd mix of crisp, great looking chips and the blandest, most boring labels I've ever seen. 495 chips in total.

Question is - Do I chuck these on the pile to be put back on marketplace or should I undertake my first ever custom chip project and get these relabeled? I'm siding with the latter option but would appreciate any advice (I may need to post this in the custom chip forum also).

View attachment 619665View attachment 619666
Cool design and good colors. Obviously limited given the number of chips but cool find! Just sticker labels so quick and easy relabel work! If you are good with slugged chips, I say keep them. It's something different for sure!

For slugged chips I think they look great. If you got them cheap enough you could probably do something really interesting with new labels.
Good luck and good find.

Perhaps you could try and make the colours pop?

View attachment 619670
If they are slugged chips oil will do nothing except make them fly off the table! LOL even washing them be very careful I would not put them in water unless you are changing the inlays anyways. Oil is for clay chips only, they already look clean anyways!

That breakdown would be fun to use for chips for board games like Monopoly. It has 7 denoms and I see 7 different chip colors there...

If you like the look and feel of the chips themselves - disregarding the labels - then by all means keep them and save them for a relabel project! Relabeling will be time-consuming but you'll really appreciate the end result, because it will be yours, all yours, a ha ha haaa!

I have stacks of second-hand poker sets that I've bought "just to have a look at"

i got you bro.gif

Cost of the chips is a sunk cost! If you like 'em, use 'em. You'll like 'em even more with a custom label.

I saw these, too! What's the breakdown for each denom, quantity wise?

You might be able to get an STT set out of them — or at the very least a decent cash set.

I saw these, too! What's the breakdown for each denom, quantity wise? You might be able to get an STT set out of them — or at the very least a decent cash set.
Tournament was my thought - I have a 3 denom cash set which works great.

Its basically (a couple of denims are missing a few) 100 1s, 100 5s, 100 25s, 50 50s, 50 100s, 50 500s and 50 1000s

With a relabel they could be any denoms.
I'm still not sure there would be enough for a STT?

Tournament was my thought - I have a 3 denom cash set which works great.

Its basically (a couple of denims are missing a few) 100 1s, 100 5s, 100 25s, 50 50s, 50 100s, 50 500s and 50 1000s

With a relabel they could be any denoms.
I'm still not sure there would be enough for a STT?
Yeah, I think you could manage an STT set for up to maybe eight players. T10000 structure with 12/12/9/4 potentially:

Greens (currently 25s): keep as 25.
Whites (currently 1s): relabel as 100s.
Reds (currently 5s): relabel as 500s.
Blacks (currently 100s): relabel as 1000s.

You could then relabel either one of the three remaining colours as 5000s, which would allow for rebuys, add-ons and even the ability to run a T20000, tbh.

Yeah, I think you could manage an STT set for up to maybe eight players. T10000 structure with 12/12/9/4 potentially:

Greens (currently 25s): keep as 25.
Whites (currently 1s): relabel as 100s.
Reds (currently 5s): relabel as 500s.
Blacks (currently 100s): relabel as 1000s.

You could then relabel either one of the three remaining colours as 5000s, which would allow for rebuys, add-ons and even the ability to run a T20000, tbh.
Thanks for the help

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom