Favorite Poker Player (2 Viewers)

favorite as in the way they play? or favorite as in most entertaining? I love watching mike the mouth, but like Phil Ivey for his play

If you would have asked me this 15 years ago I would have told you that on my bucket list was to have Phil Hellmuth cursing my name in a Vegas parking lot

I grew up watching Poker After Dark, so for a long time I really liked Daniel Negreanu but once I realized how much of a douchebag the guy is that changed. I watched his WSOP vlog last summer and it was painful. Even if he isn't doing something terrible like wearing blackface he's just an annoying, whining piece of shit.

I also grew up watching Gus Hansen. I don't know what he's like as a person--or if he's playing poker--but I'd still consider him to be my favorite. He gets bonus points for also playing professional backgammon. Gotta count those pips.

All time fave and GOAT

49782627993_e428e25889_z.jpg

I thoroughly enjoy watching Brad Owen’s vlog. Lot of people seem to dislike Doug Polk but I like him, both his videos and watching him play. And Gman too.

Goat commentator is Nick Schulman imo

Don’t care much for the old school pros. I’d be perfectly fine with never watching another minute of PH and Ivey just seems completely uninterested in playing whenever I’ve seen him lately.

I grew up watching Poker After Dark, so for a long time I really liked Daniel Negreanu but once I realized how much of a douchebag the guy is that changed. I watched his WSOP vlog last summer and it was painful. Even if he isn't doing something terrible like wearing blackface he's just an annoying, whining piece of shit.

I also grew up watching Gus Hansen. I don't know what he's like as a person--or if he's playing poker--but I'd still consider him to be my favorite. He gets bonus points for also playing professional backgammon. Gotta count those pips.
Negreanu is a fun player to watch but he let it all go to his head at some point. It was probably too much attention.

A friend played against Gus in a tournament in Europe. They both got all-in. My friend with AKs. Gus with 78s. They both had the same suit. I think it was clubs.

Gus; Oh, I was hoping to have the Clubs. Good hand.

Never my favorite, but always rooting for him, Eric Seidel has just played all the tournaments for a long long time and still is near the top. Even after getting squashed by Johnny Chan in rounders.

And he was one of the legendary Mayfair Club regs, iirc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom