Favorite deck of cards to play with? (1 Viewer)

Modiano for me as well.

But for paper, Tally-Ho Fan backs

TALF_black-FULL.jpg

Dal Negro Freedom are my favorite. I also like the Fournier Tribus a lot, and both Modiano Da Vinci and Platinum Acetate are great too.

My favorite from a feel perspective is the Modiano Platinum...

I'm also a fan of the Dal Negros, Fourneirs (NOT Congress) and Piatniks.

Just wish all the above had more options on the bridge/jumbo combo.

Bicycle Prestiege (Bridge Jumbo) - My favorites. Ignoring the price, they are still my faves. Hard to beat great cards at a great price.

Copag
(Bridge Jumbo) - I know these are the bargin basement of plastic cards, but I love how flexible they are. When teaching new players how to riffle-shuffle, there's nothing easier than a card that bends like paper, but just snaps right back. If they wore differently, I'd rate these #1.

Do not like...

KEM - maybe I'm just unlucky, but every deck I've used has been tacky and slightly warped. The deck I have at home is USPC, and I know these are worse than the cards manufacturered before the United States Playing Card company bought them, but I'm not likely to get pre-USPC without a time machine, and if I had a time machine, there are a lot more changes I'd need to make before buying cards.

Paper - Just needs to be said. I still have like a brick of paper cards somewhere, just in case the niece and nephews come over and want to build a house of cards.

We got the Angel's setups into play at the Great Divide meet-up last weekend and they were pretty f'in great, but good luck finding them unless you live in Japan....

We also used Bicycle Prestige Bridge/Jumbo, and while a little slippery, were nice too, especially for ~$8/deck...

Top 3 (Bridge/Jumbo)
Fournier/Congress
Piatnik
Gemaco SupeFlex

Honorables
I have manged to pick up a couple of setups of Angel cards off eBay here and there and love them. Wish they were more readily available.
Dal Negro's are a card I like as well.
Hoping the Desjgn Bridge/Jumbo will move into my top 5 when they come in. I like the classic Victorian Bridge/Standard a lot just need the Jumbo index.

I guess I'm the only person that doesn't like the Bicycle Prestige Bridge/Jumbo cards even if they are made by Fournier, way too slick for me.

Black/gold bridge/jumbo Guild setup is my favorite. They are a dream to shuffle and pitch and have proven exceptionally durable. Might be a bit too thin/slick for some, but just perfect for my tastes.

Paitnik is my favorite right now.....until my 30 setups from kickstarter arrive :eek:

My Piatniks, and a tie for second place are my Modiano acetates and the new Design cards (all poker size regular index).

I was just wondering if Desjgn was going to make a bridge size Jumbo index set. I will definitely be buying some of those
There was a kickstarter, but I know a few members bought 50+ setups to resell later to help fund it.

I was just wondering if Desjgn was going to make a bridge size Jumbo index set. I will definitely be buying some of those
There was a kickstarter, but I know a few members bought 50+ setups to resell later to help fund it.

Those are in production as we speak (type). Looking forward to these making my top list.

You know, I really love the King setup I got from @manamongkids - they're an Australian company and you never see them mentioned around here; no idea how he stumbled across them. They look great and feel similar to desjgn.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom