Favorite Car You've Owned? (1 Viewer)

Honda Civic Del Sol with a huge as can in high school/college. It's was a convertible that sounded and looked cool. Slow as fuck stock though, but fun to drive felt like a go cart.

Honda Civic Del Sol with a huge as can in high school/college. It's was a convertible that sounded and looked cool. Slow as fuck stock though, but fun to drive felt like a go cart.

I had an MR2 Turbo. “Fauxrari”. 15lbs boost was very fast. Midrear engine and fwd handled like on rails. Damn that car was fun.

Nope. Just a wagon for hauling the family around.

View attachment 1292927View attachment 1292926
Mazel tov on driving my dream car. In a few years…

EDIT: A few years ago in Miami, I sat through 30 minutes of Friday night Biscayne Blvd traffic just to go legit three blocks. As we pass the penultimate street before our turn, I see out of the corner of my eye the unmistakable wheels of an early 2000s Audi RS, sitting covered in a gated lot. I look at my gf, tell her “we’re turning around,” and despite every protest, I pulled up right next to it. Sure enough, found it on the dealership’s website: 2003 Audi RS6, the only year they made it in a sedan. Something absurd like 30k miles. I had about 102% of the asking price in the bank—took my gf threatening to leave me in Miami for me not to go back and buy it. I even told her, “fly back and take my seat for comfort I’ll drive back” lol

Last edited:
IMG_0348.jpeg
I’ll dig up some old pictures…it was my car in college. Sold it for $1200 bucks to pay for a uhaul to move from Binghamton NY to SC when I finish grad school…never take an FJ to NY. It was rusty.

Edit…Pic from the for sale add when I bought it in 1999.

View attachment 1191614
I likey! My all time and current fav and all around beast! It goes anywhere, anytime…also ‘78.

Oh boy. My favorite are the people who drive those Benzes with tires as thin as iPhones.

Just a wagon for hauling the family around.

IMG_3236.jpeg
IMG_3465.jpeg
I seemed to have jinxed myself. The Harlem River Drive (at night) (in the rain) is *precisely* where I’d like to have a tire blowout in my parents’ new car…

@gopherblue have you heard anything with suspension issues? Runflats with less than 2k miles shouldn’t blow out catastrophically at or near the speed limit… I know Mercedes had issues with suspension causing blowouts
1B13C00F-0191-4027-8BE9-A02B2B639540.jpeg

I seemed to have jinxed myself. The Harlem River Drive (at night) (in the rain) is *precisely* where I’d like to have a tire blowout in my parents’ new car…

@gopherblue have you heard anything with suspension issues? Runflats with less than 2k miles shouldn’t blow out catastrophically at or near the speed limit… I know Mercedes had issues with suspension causing blowouts
View attachment 1304325

I didn’t even know run flats are still a thing. They were terrible on my Z4 20 years ago.

View attachment 1304325
What size wheels? What brand tire?

Last edited:
20”, continentals. Suspension was set to allroad specifically because of potholes and bad roads—fml lol
I’m not sure, tbh. I have 21” with Conti’s and so far, no issues. And I run my suspension in Dynamic. I specifically wanted 21” instead of 22” because I wanted more sidewall for NYC roads.

This problem sounds more like a pothole at speed than car suspension.
Pothole I 100% believe, but it was a *small* pothole. Felt more like I ran over a small Ish object than anything, but pothole the obvious suspect

Note to self: avoid the entire left lane between GWB lower level and Harlem River Drive like the plague.

This'll sound stupid because the car is ugly as hell and "trashy". But my first car, a 1997 Dodge Neon was indestructible and part submarine/snowplow/moving truck. I never should've sold that thing...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom