Faux pelican cases at Sam's (1 Viewer)

I used racks that fit exactly in the picked foam dimensions. Do you plan to also plasti-dip?

I think I'd rather have them tight vs loose -- the chip weight will cause the racks to compress the foam a bit and loosen things up more.... another reason to plasti-dip, to help lock the dimensions in place.

I did five racks across and plucked exactly 15" of foam. After applying the plasti dip it's pretty snug.

The foam squares in my case we're about 5/8" square (see link in my signature) so I don't know if you have to be any more precise than that, and if you do use plasti dip, plan to lose some space as well.

I'm not familiar with Plasti Dip, but My racks fit the plucked out foam perfectly. If anything, I might pluck one extra square on each side of the racks for a finger hole, but so far it hasn't been a real necessity.

I used racks that fit exactly in the picked foam dimensions. Do you plan to also plasti-dip?

I think I'd rather have them tight vs loose -- the chip weight will cause the racks to compress the foam a bit and loosen things up more.... another reason to plasti-dip, to help lock the dimensions in place.

Yes, I plan on using Plasti-dip.

I'm not familiar with Plasti Dip, but My racks fit the plucked out foam perfectly. If anything, I might pluck one extra square on each side of the racks for a finger hole, but so far it hasn't been a real necessity.

To be honest, I wish I done that.

Plasti-dip is a rubber spray adhesive that helps "seal" the foam and makes it more resistant to wear and tear.

My ABC 43mm racks are about 1/2 row off when placed 5 wide.

Since you are going to plasti dip, I say pluck the full row. After a few coats it will snug it back up a bit.

You could play it safe by trying to cut half the row with a knife, but I think the coating will make it too tight.

Last edited:
So what is the course of action if you have a row of 1x1 that rips off at the end instead of staying attached where it should be?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom