• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Faux clays, various colors (St Louis area) (1 Viewer)

Papasatyr

Two Pair
Reaction score
if you’re on a tight budget or looking for a good travel set, faux clays were literally the king of all plastic chips during the mid-2000’s poker boom. They weigh 9.5g; they stack great; they sound like the real deal (pitch is kinda hallway between an ASM & Paulson). If you can’t afford clays chips, you’re not going to find a better plastic chip:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/243998203644263/

Has anyone tried to buy any of these? I messaged the seller through FB Marketplace but haven't gotten a response.

Has anyone tried to buy any of these? I messaged the seller through FB Marketplace but haven't gotten a response.
Damn shame! If I wasn’t currently cash poor, I would have tried to buy 500+ of these as a travel set.

Faux clays are “clay enough” that, circa 2006, I was considering buying 200 gray to serve as 5c chips as part of a custom ASM set. My thought process was basically: why pay $1+ per chip for nickels when, for about $0.04 each, I can use faux clays which sound, feel, and handle so surprisingly close a clay chip? They really are that nice.

In lieu of the seller getting back to me someday maybe, if anyone has a shuffle stack of these they'd be willing to let go, please let me know.

In lieu of the seller getting back to me someday maybe, if anyone has a shuffle stack of these they'd be willing to let go, please let me know.
Sadly, a single shuffle set is all I’ve got. I had 1200 of these in 5 different colors, all of which died along with my Nexgens and Paulson cherries in the CA fires two years ago.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom