Fat Hats storage for 43mm set (1 Viewer)

jpietrella

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
I've recently discovered/come to appreciate that bigger is in fact, better. I've found myself on the path of a custom 43mm relabel set: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/jpietrella-custom-43mm-relabel-cash-set.100435/

This is an (almost) all IHC 8v set - with the exception of the $100 chip, which I'm using the white, 8v, RPC FHC chip for - IHC 8vs aren't too much of a thing, apparently. Anyway - storing everything in Matsui or Apache racks but I need a neat solution for the one or two barrels of $100 chips. I think there are 48mm racks that exist, but that seems like it might take up more room than necessary. I should also mention that this set will more than likely be housed long-term in an Apache 3800 case for ease of travel, storage and maneuverability.

As a newb to the larger chips - how do folks with 43mm sets using 48mm chips as larger denoms solve for this gracefully? Possibly paging @BearMetal!

As a newb to the larger chips - how do folks with 43mm sets using 48mm chips as larger denoms solve for this gracefully? Possibly paging @BearMetal!
I've made custom stuff for people who had odd barrels of a different size. When storing in an Apache case, all that you need to do is plan out how the racks are going to fit in and what space is left over. Once you know the spot you want to put it, you can 3D print anything to hold them. I've even found that for Apache cases, you don't even need a top to the 3D print since the foam will hold them in place nicely.

In this case, the spot had already been cut out, so the 3D print needed to have larger sides in order to fit nicely.

1677094454783.png

I've recently discovered/come to appreciate that bigger is in fact, better. I've found myself on the path of a custom 43mm relabel set:
Also, how many of the 48mm chips will you have? If it's like a single barrel, you could also consider a screw-top holder like this (but sized for the chips)

Also, how many of the 48mm chips will you have? If it's like a single barrel, you could also consider a screw-top holder like this (but sized for the chips)

Oh interesting! Well, it'll be either 1 or 2 barrels. Realistically, 1 is probably enough but....chippers gonna chip.

I've made custom stuff for people who had odd barrels of a different size. When storing in an Apache case, all that you need to do is plan out how the racks are going to fit in and what space is left over. Once you know the spot you want to put it, you can 3D print anything to hold them. I've even found that for Apache cases, you don't even need a top to the 3D print since the foam will hold them in place nicely.

In this case, the spot had already been cut out, so the 3D print needed to have larger sides in order to fit nicely.

View attachment 1085622
Oh, I really like that. I'm thinking this might push me over the edge to grab a second barrel - I knew you'd have an answer! Side note: have you considered a BearMetal-signal?

Get a proper 50mm rack to store them in. And get 80 chips total to fill the rack. Like you said, chippers gonna chip. (And rpc fat hats are somewhat reasonably priced these days to boot)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom