Fast Cash Club cash set (1 Viewer)

SixSpeedFury

Full House
Reaction score
Finally got to work on the custom cash set after being on the backburner. Big ups to p5woody (Steve) for the tremendous work he has done. Critiques welcomed. Any changes? Note that the quarter and dollar will be hot stamped.

download (1).png

Last edited:
Nice work, I'd change a couple of things on the inlay personally.

Firstly I'd remove the denom on the "face" side so it's not overlapping the picture and matches the hotstamps.

I'd also consider shrinking the momuments and enlarging the demon on the reverse side. Could even try having the text layout match the hotstamps.

Nice work, I'd change a couple of things on the inlay personally.

Firstly I'd remove the denom on the "face" side so it's not overlapping the picture and matches the hotstamps.

I'd also consider shrinking the momuments and enlarging the demon on the reverse side. Could even try having the text layout match the hotstamps.

We've considered it in the initial stages, but I didn't like how there was so much dead space. We also agreed to remove the font from the front to make the set more streamlined.

Attachments

• mockup2-2.jpg
    mockup2-2.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Bigger denoms seems to be the general consensus. Let me see what Steve can do.

Love quarter pie chips but so far the $5 is my favorite. I've always like bright, colorful chips.

The quarter, to me doesn't really fit in with the set though. The other chips are bright and colorful but the quarter is very dark and muted. I think even changing the base to something brighter would help.

What I wanted with the cash set is to fit the "cash" in every literal sense of the word. The quarter looks like a quarter and the dollar looks like the dollar coin.

i actually like the gold/yellowish denom color, but personally not a fan of the lines running through it. if it were solid, with the same color and font, i think you may on to something

Ah, I see what you mean. I'm following the denom on the bill (bottom right corner), that's why I did it like so. Should I swap the base colors of the 5 and 20? Calling the chip exberts @courage @bergs!

Attachments

• 20dollarbill.jpg
    20dollarbill.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 168
Ah, I see what you mean. I'm following the denom on the bill (bottom right corner), that's why I did it like so. Should I swap the base colors of the 5 and 20? Calling the chip exberts @courage @bergs!

Ah, I see what you've done with the denominations, but you might want to rethink which denoms you're copying from the currency. In most cases, when the denom on the currency is over a dark background (e.g., in most corners), the numbers are outlined with a solid fill using the basic background color of the bill. The denoms you're using are on a part of the bill where the background is light. Your denoms would stand out more if you used the style with the light fill.

What I wanted with the cash set is to fit the "cash" in every literal sense of the word. The quarter looks like a quarter and the dollar looks like the dollar coin.
And for those very reasons, I don't like the the $5 and $20 chips -- because they look absolutely nothing like US currency. The impact of the chosen colors as combined make for a very disjointed set when matched up with the 'coin' chips (which are very good, imo).

Some combination of off-white, light purple/gray/green/yellow should be used for the $5 chip (but definitely not a red base). Colors that would make for an 'authentic' $20 bill would be some combination of off-white and blue/peach/green/yellow (but not a blue base). In both cases, the use of additional colors should be subtle, not smack-in-your-face. For the $20, I'd probably actually go with a close-replica ceramic plaque to really top off this set (but if a $100 denomination is needed, I'd go with a plaque for the hundo and keep the $20 as a chip). As shown in the OP, I don't like the currency chip colors/spots at all. Great choices in another set perhaps, but not this one.

I'd remove the denom on the "face" side so it's not overlapping the picture
I agree with ^^ this. Placing the denomination to the right of the portrait will look much better (clear and readable) than overlapping the president's neck on the 'bill' chips.

Regarding the 'coin' hot-stamped chips.... I am assuming that you plan to stamp these in black, with the base chip color showing through as text and artwork. I have a couple of sample chips with this design, and I think the effect is very cool -- but I can't recall any aftermarket hot-stampers who have publicly offered this service. Have you contacted anyone about stamping these yet to see if it is possible in today's market?

QUARTER DOLLAR: Eliminate the denomination references (both numeric and written) on the reverse, since real quarters do not have them -- which leaves more space for your New York State art and Fast Cash Club text (which should be at the top, keeping in style with the real coins). The obverse looks great as-is.

ONE DOLLAR: I'm a bit surprised at your choice of James Monroe (VA) on the obverse, given the NY references elsewhere (there are several NY-based presidents to choose from). Again, to match the layout of the actual coins, I'd eliminate the written denomination on the obverse, and display only the numeric $1 denomination on the reverse.

Circle-square is a great mold choice for the currency chips, as it somewhat resembles the intricate border on US bills (the scroll mold would also work well here). But I'd go with the no-mold for the coin chips - which will really set them off as 'coins'. I usually don't advocate mixing molds, but I think it works perfectly in this case. Coins =/ bills, and the corresponding chips shouldn't look the same, either.

Great artwork by p5woody.

Some combination of off-white, light purple/gray/green/yellow should be used for the $5 chip (but definitely not a red base). Colors that would make for an 'authentic' $20 bill would be some combination of off-white and blue/peach/green/yellow (but not a blue base).

Base on this input, what base color would you recommend for the $5 and $20 to tie in with the rest of the set? I eliminated the denom in the front as stated.

For the $20, I'd probably actually go with a close-replica ceramic plaque to really top off this set (but if a $100 denomination is needed, I'd go with a plaque for the hundo and keep the $20 as a chip).

Read my mind. I have both the new $100 and old $100 for reference.

Regarding the 'coin' hot-stamped chips.... I am assuming that you plan to stamp these in black, with the base chip color showing through as text and artwork. I have a couple of sample chips with this design, and I think the effect is very cool -- but I can't recall any aftermarket hot-stampers who have publicly offered this service. Have you contacted anyone about stamping these yet to see if it is possible in today's market?

They were just to display the design. They'll be stamped in silver and gold foil, respectively.

QUARTER DOLLAR: Eliminate the denomination references (both numeric and written) on the reverse, since real quarters do not have them -- which leaves more space for your New York State art and Fast Cash Club text (which should be at the top, keeping in style with the real coins). The obverse looks great as-is.

ONE DOLLAR: I'm a bit surprised at your choice of James Monroe (VA) on the obverse, given the NY references elsewhere (there are several NY-based presidents to choose from). Again, to match the layout of the actual coins, I'd eliminate the written denomination on the obverse, and display only the numeric $1 denomination on the reverse.

I didn't really choose James Monroe for the heck of it, I just grabbed some coins out of my pocket and he just happened to be on the dollar coin lol. Which NY-based presidents are there?

Thanks for your input BGinGA!

Attachments

• US_Quarter_back.png
    US_Quarter_back.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 148
  • mockup all3.jpg
    mockup all3.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 158
  • fast cash club 100 front.jpg
    fast cash club 100 front.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 145
US Presidents affiliated with New York:
Martin Van Buren, 8th
Millard Fillmore, 13th
Chester A. Arthur, 21st
Grover Cleveland, 22nd/24th
Theodore Roosevelt, 26th
Franklin D. Roosevelt, 32nd

New York State Quarter Dollar coin - obverse (written denomination) / reverse (no denomination):
2001-s-new-york-silver-state-quarter-0016.jpg

Presidential Dollar coin - obverse (no denomination) / reverse (numeric denomination):
Rutherford-B.-Hayes-Presidential-Dollar.jpg

A couple of possible variations:
sixspeed.png

US Presidents affiliated with New York:
Martin Van Buren, 8th
Millard Fillmore, 13th
Chester A. Arthur, 21st
Grover Cleveland, 22nd/24th
Theodore Roosevelt, 26th
Franklin D. Roosevelt, 32nd

Bill Clinton -- Harlem resident; wife was US Senator from NY. ;)

I REALLY like your second row there. Something could perhaps be done with the spot colors on the purple chip to make them pop more (and make the "cash" theme clearer.) I also really like BG's second row in post #20.

I REALLY like your second row there. Something could perhaps be done with the spot colors on the purple chip to make them pop more (and make the "cash" theme clearer.) I also really like BG's second row in post #20.

Any examples Ben?

How about these $20 mockups? What flows with the overall set?

Attachments

• download (3).png
    download (3).png
    367.1 KB · Views: 205
I think sticking with green and white base colors are the way to go.... some of those are really nice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom