Farewell to Noel, Wisconsin Style (This Monday)

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know our prolific member Noelsarchs has had an amazing "East coast" farewell event at Trumans house (see the link HERE for that events info, pics, and background on Noel). For those that don't know, Noel is taking a new job and moving to the UK.

I just learned Noel is coming home to Wisconsin for a brief visit, and thought I'd host an impromptu cookout and cards for Noel on Monday April 20 at 5:30pm. Monday is a school/work night, so it will not be a long event. Food will be served at 6pm, and we'll play a few hours of cards afterwards. (Noel's choice).

Noel will be there, along with member, Shanghai Sparky (Noel's brother). Monday isn't a typical night for cards, but this was the only night that worked for Noel.

Dinner will include burgers, brats, and beer. No need to bring anything. I know it's a long shot, being this short notice, but if you can make it, it'd be nice to have a few other chippers in attendance.

Reaction score
Thanks for doing this! FYI: same job, same company. It is a big project (hospital renovation) that will take three to five years! He was hand picked by the architectural firm's senior management since he worked there once before and saved a project from the brink of disaster.

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Highlander3 is a local chipper. He's in for Monday

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are at 5 chippers and counting! :). It's officially a party

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mini-Meetup Report

The crew gathered at my place for some grillage (brats, burgers, beer, etc..). After some grub, we decided to stop talking about poker, and actually play.

BSoder52 (to my left) and Shanghai_Sparky battled mercilessly throughout the night. No, wait... to be honest, everyone was battling BSoder52 throughout the night. Ha! Soder did his best to transfer some of that tilt to me by knocking over my chipstack a few times, and that simply emboldened me to build a more solid wall of chips (from his stack).

148BEE06-3F04-44A3-AE97-09A6E4C90943.jpg

The entire group. Pictured (seated). Noelsarch, BSoder52, Shanghai_Sparky, and Highlander3.

73C4F979-BF70-44B9-89C5-419A8E8B3DE0.jpg

And one with me trying a sad attempt at a "selfie"

23615DCB-4FE2-4721-A948-84B9B80B53A9.jpg

Awkward moment of the night, when I read a text from Noels that I think reads "Enroute with a 15 y/o single male in the car"... It's apparent that I need reading glasses, as the text actually read "15 y/o single malt"... OK, I was much relieved when he showed up with Scotch and not a boy named Scott. :)

Big winner of the night was the guest of honor, Noels. Who sparked our interest in some insane game SOHE. I promptly donated the big stack I'd built in NLHE to Noels... The game was insane, but admittedly fun.

In one hand vs Highlander, he and I wind up heads-up/all-in. My holdem holdings are strong with trip 5's, He's holding pocket jacks on a J5x5x board. I'm sure I'm ahead, but was crushed when he shows his hand.. Then I remember about those other cards sitting in front of me, and am happy to choppit up when I discover I'm holding a J (for the Omaha win).

Here's Noels:

CC010406-3C35-4BDE-9BEF-73EB7AF79515.jpg

Here's proof that Noels will straddle!!!

A3BDF3C3-B106-4E1A-9713-A6161339A9E6.jpg

Here's his cashout for the night (well done sir).

a6e2f28cf9f4f6e29ac33faca5868943.jpg

Sorry to see Noels leaving the country. He's the kind of person I'd love to play cards with regularly (despite him pwning me at SOHE). Safe travels sir!

snooptodd

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Awkward moment of the night, when I read a text from Noels that I think reads "Enroute with a 15 y/o single male in the car"... It's apparent that I need reading glasses, as the text actually read "15 y/o single malt"... OK, I was much relieved when he showed up with Scotch and not a boy named Scott. :)

You sir, are the leader in the clubhouse for PCF line of the week.

Reaction score
SOHE was a blast! The pic of me was really early before I dumped most of my stack to Trihonda. Then it migrated to my brother Noelsarchs.

Top Bottom