FAQ & INFO for New Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Reaction score
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Why am I unable to post in the Classifieds?
To post in the Classifieds, new members must meet the New Member Requirements. (aka NMR). Posting an ad, or saying that you want to sell something outside of the classifieds is not permitted.

The New Member Requirements are:

10 posts AND 5 days
as a registered member are required before a new member can:
  • use the Classifieds and eBay / Amazon / Craigslist / Other sections
  • reply to other members' threads in the PCF Introductions and Check-Ins section
30 posts AND 30 days as a registered member are required before a new member can:
  • use the Auctions section
  • join the Politics section
  • join the PCF PokerStars home games club
What about "price check", "what are these worth", or "what is the best way to sell these" posts?
These types of posts, by those who have not met the NMR, usually turn into a For Sale ad where it should not be. For that reason, we don't allow them until the NMR is met.

How come I'm unable to reply to other member's threads in the PCF Introductions and Check-Ins section?
The "Hi, I'm new too" and 10 x "Welcome!" post padding was getting out of hand from those who just joined. You can only respond to your own Intro thread until the NMR is met.

Am I restricted to only posting in my Intro thread or creating new threads in the PCF Introductions and Check-Ins section until I meet the NMR?
No, you have the ability to post in most of the other forum sections with just a few exceptions that are mentioned above.

What counts as a post?
Any reply to an existing thread and any new thread you create. Please keep in mind that you must meet BOTH the number of posts and days registered so there is no reason to post pad.

What is Post Padding?
This is when a member makes a post only to increase their post count. These types of posts are NOT permitted and will be removed. They include but are not limited to:
  • posts with very few words (ex: "looks great", " nice chips", "good info")
  • posts that are irrelevant or add no value to the discussion.
  • posts made in a very short amount of time, typically one after another.
  • quoting and/or replying to posts in the same thread one after another. There are multi-quote and edit buttons. Please use them.
  • saying you are posting messages just to get your post count up (yes, people do this)

I made my 10th post and have been a member for 5 days, but why am I still unable to post in the Classifieds?
Account upgrades are done automatically at a set schedule. It can take up to one hour to gain the ability to make posts in the Classifieds as long as you have met the NMR.

I haven't met the NMR yet, but I want to buy something in the Classifieds. I also don't want to break the site rules for post padding. What can I do?
You can try contacting the member via private message by clicking on their username or avatar, then click Start Conversation. You can also click on the envelope icon that is next to their username too.

How can I give or receive feedback for a deal that I did outside of the Classifieds? (ex: via private messages)
You're not able to use the feedback system unless you posted in the ad thread, which requires the NMR to be met.

What does the "Sitting Out" mean under my username?
These are just user titles that are based on your post count. Below is the User Title ladder.

0 - New Member
5 - Waiting List
10 - Sitting Out
50 - High Hand
100 - Pair
250 - 2 Pair
500 - 3 of a Kind
750 - Straight
1000 - Flush
2500 - Full House
5000 - 4 of a Kind
7500 - Straight Flush
10,000 - Royal Flush

How do I figure out what all these acronyms and terms mean? Ex: PNY, HS, BCC, etc.
Check out the PCF Glossy in the Resources section, which covers many of these.

How can I become a Supporting Member?
First, thank you for considering supporting PCF. You can upgrade your account by clicking Links -> Account upgrades or click on your avatar/username at the top of the page, then Account upgrades.

I have a question about using the site. Who can I contact and how?
For site support, I recommend posting your questions in the PCF Site Help and Feedback forum. Threads in this section are only visible to Admins and Moderators. You can also send a private message to me, a Moderator, or use the Contact Us form.

ALL MEMBERS SHOULD READ AND UNDERSTAND THE COMMUNITY GUIDELINES PRIOR TO USING POKER CHIP FORUM.
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/help/terms/

LINKS AND INFO

Account Settings & Preferences
Community Guidelines
Site Help & Feedback
Site Resources
Site Search

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom