Fantasy Draft Series - Draft 1 - Group A Voting Thread (4 Viewers)

Which mixed set do you think is best

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perthmike

Straight Flush
Reaction score
Hi all

Now that we have done our mixed set picks, I am setting up this voting thread for the forum to determine who picked the best set.

This is obviously a subjective vote, and there weren't really any rules or criteria, except for the line below, which was included in the thread. But pretty much vote for what you prefer.

The object isn't to pick the best individual chips, but to select chips that flow well together, with inlays that also fit together. Basically pick chips to form your dream mixed set.

Feel free to have an open discussion and roast our choices, as I think that will be more fun.

Here are the sets. I will also add the commentary from each participant to explain there choices.

@RichMahogany
Rich.PNG

@RocAFella1
chris.PNG

@kmccormick100
kyle.PNG

@Perthmike
mike.PNG

Explanation:

@Perthmike - I wanted to build a set that I felt flowed nicely through the denominations. I have always had a thing for the Taj $1 and Ballys $5, so wanted to go a bit different and do a house mold set based around them. Other than the $5, I kept the rest of the set to an Atlantic City theme, because I think some really great chips have come out of AC and I really wish I could own a set.

@RocAFella1 - I went for a cohesive set with a common theme. It would be easy to pick home run chips that had amazing spots and/or colors but I wanted to challenge myself to pick chips from similar places, all Nevada since the draft was for LV colors, with inlays that were highly compatible with each other. Of course I still wanted some home run chips and everyone seems to have a thing for bear claw. All of the inlays are shaped and do not repeat, there is a nice balance of color and complex spot pattens, they’re all from Nevada, and all of them have black denoms with the location listed in black on the bottom of the inlay as well.

Admittedly, I didn’t have a ton of time to prepare because of a busy Thanksgiving week so I mostly went off of memory.

I did know that I wanted a different shaped inlay on every chip and and that the RVCL $100 was the chip I wanted to build around. It so happens that most of my choices ended up as boat/wet chips and had a “4-spot” pattern. (I know that the Gulfport $1 isn’t a boat chip per se, but I do consider it a wet chip because of the hurricane :D) The Gulfport $1is also a bit of an anomaly in my line up, but then I couldn’t think of any spotted white $1 chip that could hold its own against my other choices.

@RichMahogany - Besides that, this lineup has 2 things I typically look for in set; brightly colored chips with contrast between the base and spot colors and chips with a color/colors that tie it into one or more of the other chips.

Last edited:
I went for a cohesive set with a common theme. It would be easy to pick home run chips that had amazing spots and/or colors but I wanted to challenge myself to pick chips from similar places, all Nevada since the draft was for LV colors, with inlays that were highly compatible with each other. Of course I still wanted some home run chips and everyone seems to have a thing for bear claw. All of the inlays are shaped and do not repeat, there is a nice balance of color and complex spot pattens, they’re all from Nevada, and all of them have black denoms with the location listed in black on the bottom of the inlay as well.

Admittedly, I didn’t have a ton of time to prepare because of a busy Thanksgiving week so I mostly went off of memory.

I did know that I wanted a different shaped inlay on every chip and and that the RVCL $100 was the chip I wanted to build around. It so happens that most of my choices ended up as boat/wet chips and had a “4-spot” pattern. (I know that the Gulfport $1 isn’t a boat chip per se, but I do consider it a wet chip because of the hurricane :D) The Gulfport $1is also a bit of an anomaly in my line up, but then I couldn’t think of any spotted white $1 chip that could hold its own against my other choices.

Besides that, this lineup has 2 things I typically look for in set; brightly colored chips with contrast between the base and spot colors and chips with a color/colors that tie it into one or more of the other chips.

Also, can’t remember if it was mentioned or not, but are we as the participants allowed a vote?

Personally, I think it’s better if we all abstain.

I don't particularly think spot progression was a key focus on any of the sets, so I'm looking at the individual chips themselves.

I respect the hell out of all the sets, especially the AC-ish set since I spent so much time there, but I personally give it to @RichMahogany because several of his chips are among my favorites.

Last edited:
So where were the sets picked from?
We had another thread to loosely explain.

But basically we just each picked whatever chips we liked to form a fantasy mixed set that we liked, just for a bit of fun.

We had another thread to loosely explain.

But basically we just each picked whatever chips we liked to form a fantasy mixed set that we liked, just for a bit of fun.
Thats Cool. I completely missed that thread. Man those mixed sets are wild. I still love mine which is a lot less wild!
LV Mixed New 380

Thats Cool. I completely missed that thread. Man those mixed sets are wild. I still love mine which is a lot less wild!
LV Mixed New 380
Well you can still vote in this thread. Just pick your favourite.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom