Faded Spade Playing Cards (1 Viewer)

Tanner Kaza

Two Pair
Reaction score
Came across these last night and wondering if anybody had ever used or seen these cards. They cite WPT on their website but I'm sure I have never heard of them before.

The cards have a pretty appealing look to them I like the all spade backs and the faces have a bit of a modern twist to them.

upload_2018-1-11_11-32-26.png

Curious to see if anybody has any feedback on these.

Seen these, don't think they are available yet except for preorder (coming in Feb according to the website). I like the simple backs as well but not sold on the court faces. Tempted to try a setup of the bridge cards once they come out.

oops, I was looking at the bridge size, looks like poker size are available now.

@HanShot1st ordered some and told me they were OK but not particularly stellar. I’ll let him chime in with a better review

True, I do have a set of these cards now. Tonight I plan on getting them into play.
First impressions upon opening the box:
1. Card back art is uninspired, but should make edge sorting hard if that’s a concern for you
2. I like the type/font for the cards. I find them very readable, perhaps more so than many other decks I have seen. It appears that the print may actually be larger. That said, the suits are smaller, but still easily distinguishable
3. I do like the face card art. Nice theme, modern looking
4. The feel of the cards: well they’re plastic, so nice and slick. I’ve primarily been playing with Modiano PA cards, so these feel thinner, a little less rigid in my opinion. Perhaps a bit more flexibility?

I feel i’ve Been pretty critical so far, and as I said they haven’t seen play yet. Tonight I will get them into play... more to come.

True, I do have a set of these cards now. Tonight I plan on getting them into play.
First impressions upon opening the box:
1. Card back art is uninspired, but should make edge sorting hard if that’s a concern for you
2. I like the type/font for the cards. I find them very readable, perhaps more so than many other decks I have seen. It appears that the print may actually be larger. That said, the suits are smaller, but still easily distinguishable
3. I do like the face card art. Nice theme, modern looking
4. The feel of the cards: well they’re plastic, so nice and slick. I’ve primarily been playing with Modiano PA cards, so these feel thinner, a little less rigid in my opinion. Perhaps a bit more flexibility?

I feel i’ve Been pretty critical so far, and as I said they haven’t seen play yet. Tonight I will get them into play... more to come.

Looking forward to a review of the cards (with pics).

Bummed I can’t make the game, but my wife planned a birthday dinner for me tonight.

At $22 for a setup, they're going to have to come across as pretty stellar.

Awaiting the review...
That was exactly my thought the first time somebody posted these, I just didn't remember how expensive was too expensive. I think desjgn's are damn near perfect, but at around $15 per setup, they are at the very top of what I'm willing to pay for cards. $22 for an unknown setup? They'll remain unknown to me.

Interested to hear as well. I like cards too much...

Aren't KEMs something like $35 per setup? :rolleyes:

Interested to hear as well. I like cards too much...

Aren't KEMs something like $35 per setup? :rolleyes:

They are, and completely not worth it IMO. However some (very few) seem to think otherwise. For my taste and income level, $30+ better be self-shuffling.

Ok... we’ll just wanted to start off by saying am/was very critical of these cards right out of the box. But the played well.

I ran hot tonight, so for starters that makes everything better. My concerns about them feeling thinner seems to be in my head. Holding both these and Modiano’s PA side by side, there’s not much difference. These cards are very flexible, I did notice that they would sometimes take a little bit to return to flat after being checked/mucked. Buyer by the end of the night the deck was still in great shape.

They came out of the box slick and flew across the table. Had compliments on the cards from my guests on both the artwork front & back. An experienced dealer who attended the game liked them. So in the end I need to give them a positive review.
I only hope that I always run this good with them!

Quad 7s got paid by Q6 making second pair with a straight out there and only one club on the board?! Not sure which side is the flop and which is the river but either way, that's a fold at least by the turn.

Thanks for the review Han. I'll at least give the Bridge cards a try for sure, The font/indexes look very readable for old eyes and I like that simplistic back design. Could use a little darker red (security) ink but you can see they were probably developed for TV play.

Quad 7s got paid by Q6 making second pair with a straight out there and only one club on the board?! Not sure which side is the flop and which is the river but either way, that's a fold at least by the turn.

Lol I was thinking the same Thing. Pretty sure alcohol was involved. I know some of the attendees. Ya, gonna lock it in, Final Answer.

Wasn’t in that hand, but I can say that it was runner runner 7s for the quads. Short stack was all in after the flop. The 7s just plain sucked out.

I just ordered a set, I couldn‘t resist. Free shipping with „SHIP IT“ saved me 10 bucks and the euro is quite strong at the moment. Really like the artwork.

After hearing han’s review, and him bringing a set up over to my game last night, I was intrigued to get these into play. Near the end of the night, we did eventually get these on the felt, and all of the players remaining were very much digging these cards. I actually liked the way these shuffled, and felt. They look odd, but I think I like the artwork. My die hard Regs stated that they really liked how they looked, and commented on their easily descernable markings.

Well, the jury spoke, and I just sentenced two setups to serve a life sentence in my game. Let’s hope it’s a long incarceration. I will report back after I receive them, and will let folks know how well they hold up after regular use.

Here are some shots from last night

A70D4683-B577-4C76-ACBF-AAFFAF034AB7.jpeg
8D37BBE9-E482-4D3D-9649-BFB241780D9E.jpeg
01F02930-8673-4728-BDF5-E89A3A1D3E5E.jpeg

I just ordered a set, I couldn‘t resist. Free shipping with „SHIP IT“ saved me 10 bucks and the euro is quite strong at the moment. Really like the artwork.

Thanks for the promo code. I was going to pre-order a bridge setup but "shipping killed it". This'll be a nice surprise in February!

After hearing han’s review, and him bringing a set up over to my game last night, I was intrigued to get these into play. Near the end of the night, we did eventually get these on the felt, and all of the players remaining were very much digging these cards. I actually liked the way these shuffled, and felt. They look odd, but I think I like the artwork. My die hard Regs stated that they really liked how they looked, and commented on their easily descernable markings.

Well, the jury spoke, and I just sentenced two setups to serve a life sentence in my game. Let’s hope it’s a long incarceration. I will report back after I receive them, and will let folks know how well they hold up after regular use.

Here are some shots from last night

View attachment 146472 View attachment 146473 View attachment 146474
They look bowed.

They look bowed.
I noticed that Han mentioned something in his review about these being flimsier. I do think they temporarily show bends etc but these quickly flattened out. They are not as stiff as the mod PA cards we typically use. Shuffling was easier due to their being more flexible.

Funny how some people say flimsy as a bad thing, while others say flexible as a good thing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom