Faded Spade Misprint? (1 Viewer)

FTL88

High Hand
Reaction score
I recently bought a pack of Faded Spade 2.0 poker sized playing cards. I noticed something weird with the ten of spades on both the red and blue decks where one of the 10s is missing a tip on the ends. Is this a misprint?
Blue Deck.jpg
Red Deck.jpg

Looks fine to me. I'm not exactly clear on what the problem is here?

Oh I see now. The number "1" on one of the ends is missing the accentuation that the other ones on the cards have. Yes, strange indeed. I'll have to check mine tomorrow and see if they look the same.

Keep that deck. Misprints are usually quite valuable....

Buy the looks of the spacing from the edge, I wouldn't be surprised if the plate they used to make the cards had the wrong font. Could be many decks out there with the same issue.

They accidentally mix in the 4 colour 10 of spade into the 2 colour deck from what I can see from the above

It is not a misprint
But my four-color 10s have no serifs on any of the 10s, and OPs 10s all have the serif except that the 10 of spades has one 10 with a serif and one 10 without the serif on a single card.

Plus the four-color deck has red and green backs not blue, so while the a red back deck's 10 of spades could have slipped in, there wouldn't be a blue one, and it still doesn't explain why only one 10 on each 10 of spades is missing the serif.

They would probably send you a new deck and either ask you to send that one back or give them all the codes and numbers on it so they can figure out which production run it was.

But my four-color 10s have no serifs on any of the 10s, and OPs 10s all have the serif except that the 10 of spades has one 10 with a serif and one 10 without the serif on a single card.

Plus the four-color deck has red and green backs not blue, so while the a red back deck's 10 of spades could have slipped in, there wouldn't be a blue one, and it still doesn't explain why only one 10 on each 10 of spades is missing the serif.
Faded spade 4 colour do use to have 2 back options Red-Green or Red-Blue

I think the option are not there at the moment due to shortage of stock

92E369CF-EFAB-46E1-B618-0BC049F237F5.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom