Faded Spade fan club? (1 Viewer)

as4k

Sitting Out
Reaction score
First off, I've searched the forum and read threads on these cards.

Anyone actually enjoy playing with these? If so, why?

I have both bridge and poker size v2 decks, but with little play time (only had them for a few months). I've seen them used in a lot of different tournaments and sessions. Was at Firekeepers over the weekend and was surprised to see them in play (hadnt been there for 3 years). During the 6hr session I asked a few of the dealers what they thought. One dealer hated them, which gave me a chuckle, but I get it, if you deal with them all day and they arent for you, its frustrating.

So far I'm enjoying them. Love the snap they make if you are peeking or putting cards out for the turn and river. They definitely can be a chore to shuffle, I'll say that.

For those that have had some time with the v2 decks, what are your thoughts?

I like them overall. But I understand how some don't. My likes and dislikes:

Likes: Surface feel, font, PIP size (I LOVE the font, PIP size and PIP placement)
Dislikes: Stiffness, boring backs, face card art, the fact that they are very grey and not bright white

Seems like a lot of dislikes, but the two most important things to me in cards are feel (I prefer sanpaper feel and not slick), and PIP size and placement. Their PIP size and placement are perfect to me.

Nice design but when you neet to shuffle them few hours in a row it's different story

I like them overall. But I understand how some don't. My likes and dislikes:

Likes: Surface feel, font, PIP size (I LOVE the font, PIP size and PIP placement)
Dislikes: Stiffness, boring backs, face card art, the fact that they are very grey and not bright white

Seems like a lot of dislikes, but the two most important things to me in cards are feel (I prefer sanpaper feel and not slick), and PIP size and placement. Their PIP size and placement are perfect to me.
I agree. The pip size, placement, and font are really great. Although I haven't played with them for any real amount of time so I can't really speak to how they feel/shuffle during a lengthy session.

I have the V1's and V2's. I'd like them to get together and have a V3 which are slightly thinner than the V2's but retaining the texture they're using. Overall I like design, font, and pips. The V2's are a little too thick though and when you riffle shuffle, like myself, you're likely gonna have explosions. The V1s don't have this problem and because of that I actually enjoy using them more. Only real problem with the V1's for me is that they could stand to be slightly thicker and remove that glossy back.

For those that have had some time with the v2 decks, what are your thoughts?

Love them personally, especially the 4 Colour Decks; but our players find them to slick. We use Desjgn 4 Colour Decks now.

I like them quite a bit. I'm a sucker for all 4 color decks. Players in my game like the feel and the font/size. They are definitely stiff, probably annoying to shuffle all night by hand. If I didn't have a shuffletech I probably wouldn't use them.

I have the Poker 2.0 and I really like them, been thinking about purchasing the 4 colors for some extra flair. Love the modern artwork and they are really nice to use, but I get how some might get tired of shuffling them all night.

1637329035563.jpeg

This thread needs some pictures!
Faded Spade - Poker Size 2.0 - 4 Colour on the left. Personally love their artwork.

Desjgn - 4 Colour on the right, with a couple Faded Spade beside for reference.

Attachments

• 20211119_161644.jpg
    20211119_161644.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 124
  • 20211119_162040.jpg
    20211119_162040.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 114
I just got a set of bridge 2.0 and from just shuffling and messing with them at the house I like them so far. I’m a fan of the artwork and the pip size is great

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom