F1 in Las Vegas (1 Viewer)

I thought this race was going to be a fiasco. I was very wrong. I follow F1 peripherally, and hope for a better competitive balance in future years with power plant changes. I follow Indy Car much more. I watched this race start to finish on the East coast, and it was fantastic. I am definitely contemplating going next year, and even thinking about making the plunge for paddock VIP access (don't know the name of the ticket - access to the paddock for the 3-day event, and stuff like that - a small fortune, I know).

One complaint I had was with the ESPN (Sky) pre-race coverage. Beyond awful. Mind-numbing to have the on-track reporters chasing down which celebrity is there or what BS influencer is taking a selfie with a car they have no clue what it even does or who drives it. Once all the crap pre-race hype ended and the race started, it was very enjoyable.
Martin Brundle is an acquired taste. I did enjoy his & Danica's spirited ride around the track. Her eyes were OPEN when she was driving!

One complaint I had was with the ESPN (Sky) pre-race coverage. Beyond awful. Mind-numbing to have the on-track reporters chasing down which celebrity is there or what BS influencer is taking a selfie with a car they have no clue what it even does or who drives it. Once all the crap pre-race hype ended and the race started, it was very enjoyable.
Martin Brundle's been doing the grid walk for decades. I'm pretty sure he invented the concept. I like it in general, but it's a cringefest at high profile races (like this one, Monaco, Miami, etc) where celebrities and influencers attend only to be seen but have no clue about F1.

That's just Martin Brundle's (Bumble??) grid walk. Happens every week and I fast forward or just skip it every time.

Back when NBC Sports had the US broadcast rights, Will Buxton did their grid walk and it was infinitely superior. He never waited to try to catch someone's attention and was swift, entertaining and occasionally informative during it.

I get it's to show the glitz and glamor of the F1 grid, but it took a half dozen races for Martin's version to become unwatchable for me as well.

Martin Brundle is an acquired taste. I did enjoy his & Danica's spirited ride around the track. Her eyes were OPEN when she was driving!
I actually enjoyed that part. I wished they had just stuck to talking about the race, the teams, and the cars and tech.

That's just Martin Brundle's (Bumble??) grid walk. Happens every week and I fast forward or just skip it every time.

Back when NBC Sports had the US broadcast rights, Will Buxton did their grid walk and it was infinitely superior. He never waited to try to catch someone's attention and was swift, entertaining and occasionally informative during it.

I get it's to show the glitz and glamor of the F1 grid, but it took a half dozen races for Martin's version to become unwatchable for me as well.
Good to know. Next race I watch, I'll have to skip the pre-race stuff.

From the Chipboard-

Tuscany $5 & $25.

http://www.thechipboard.com/index.cgi/page/1/md/read/id/1733614/sbj/tuscany-hotel/

More nice cropping, lol. :wtf:

Tuscany race chips.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom