F-16 Flyby on Mt. Bierstadt Yesterday (1 Viewer)

justsomedude

Straight Flush
Reaction score
Did a 14er hike yesterday, and just as we were approaching the summit, three F-16s flew right over our heads. We never even heard them, they were right on top of us as they appeared over the ridge-line, and it was deafening! The pilots were obviously having a little fun/showboating for the hikers, and we weren't going to complain about the show.

About 15 minutes later one came back towards us headed east (probably going back to Buckley AFB). Knowing that two more were yet to come, we got our camera phones ready and captured the awesome as the one dipped his wing to the hikers on the peak!

We were still 1,000-1,500 feet or so from the summit, and talking to the folks coming down who were up there, they said the experience at the top was "ear-splitting." I'm kind of jealous we weren't a little closer, but happy to have seen it none the less!

Last edited:
Did a 14er hike yesterday, and just as we were approaching the summit, three F-16s flew right over our heads. We never even heard them, they were right on top of us as they appeared over the ridge-line, and it was deafening! The pilots were obviously having a little fun/showboating for the hikers, and we weren't going to complain about the show.

About 15 minutes later one came back towards us headed east (probably going back to Buckley AFB). Knowing that two more were yet to come, we got our camera phones ready and captured the awesome...

We were still 1,000-1,500 feet or so from the summit, and talking to the folks coming down who were up there, they said the experience at the top was "ear-splitting." I'm kind of jealous we weren't a little closer, but happy to have seen it none the less!
Sweet!

I was backpacking in the Sangre de Cristo range of the southern Rockies years ago and as we were crossing a saddle between two mountains, a flight of F-111 Aardvarks came screaming over us and down into the valley below. They were flying nap of the earth, almost in the trees, no doubt training. It was incredible.

I was backpacking in the Sangre de Cristo range of the southern Rockies years ago and as we were crossing a saddle between two mountains, a flight of F-111 Aardvarks came screaming over us and down into the valley below. They were flying nap of the earth, almost in the trees, no doubt training. It was incredible.

That sounds awesome!!!

That's the sounds of freedom right there. Murica!

front.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom