Experience with Black SSC? (1 Viewer)

Wick125

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Looking to see if anyone has any experience with black suited speed cloth. I have the chance to buy a table with black SSC at a decent price from a local classified ad and am looking for information from anyone who has played on it. Specifically I am wondering how black chips look on it. Do they blend in too much? Just curious. Thanks for any feedback you have!! It is a little far for me to make a trip over to check it out without bringing it home and I don't want to wait too long on samples and miss out.

Not black ssc specifically (although I have built dark gray ssc tables before), but in general, black table felt shows lint and other dirt much worse than almost any other color. And yes, black chips (and cards) will blend in too much for my liking.

20161108_221859.jpg
20161108_221915.jpg

20161108_222004.jpg

Not SSC, but gaming suede for me. Here are some different colors on it from my set along eith some other $100s I could find quickly. If you want black you have to go bright colors with your chips or they get lost. I love the black on black look, but it's a pain in the ass to clean as every speck of dust, hair, etc. Shows.

I have a table with black SSC. Never had a problem with things getting "lost" on it. The SSC pattern makes things that break that pattern obvious, I think. Plus the depth of the chips stands out on the flat surface.

Second, if the deal is good enough and you end up hating the SSC, it'll only cost you about $60 and an hour to change it.

Yeah I've played on black before, it's not that much difference at all. I don't particularly "like" crazy busy designs on poker tables just out of personal preference, but I have played on a table that was white felt with a rainbow splatterpaint design over a scripted logo with crazy tribal like designs where every seat should be and other than the headache and the shit I gave the host all night it made zero difference in game play. The first time somebody rakes a pot and can't find a chip because it "blends in" with the felt might be the first time in recorded history. ;)

If you like it go for it, imo you will never have a problem.

While I've never played on black suited speed cloth, I have used the unsuited version and I never had any complaints about being able to see black chips on the table. There's always the label/inlay and edge spots to help them show up.

Not black ssc specifically (although I have built dark gray ssc tables before), but in general, black table felt shows lint and other dirt much worse than almost any other color. And yes, black chips (and cards) will blend in too much for my liking.

I never had issues with black chips blending in, but as BG mentions everything shows up on black ssc. It looks gross is people eat chips, popcorn etc and then touch the felt

I have black SSC on mine and the only chips I had issues with blending were solid black hot stamped chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom