Everyones Favorite China Clays and Ceramics ? (1 Viewer)

Dichiara32

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hey everyone, new to the site. General question, what is your favorite China Clay set and what is your favorite Ceramic set? Interested to see what everyone thinks

Favorite China Clays: Royals, no question about it.

PXL_20201112_151430266.jpg

Favorite ceramics? Oy, this is a hard one. DDLM are one of the most artistic, top quality sets out there and I absolutely love mine.

IMG_20200622_143427.jpg

... However, the cards mold chips that have been coming out with all sorts of customs and tributes are are really giving the DDLMs a run for the money. I think the CM Palms chips are really hot.

PXL_20220410_024553973.PORTRAIT.jpg

Edit: wait, do Matsui Zens count? Shit...
PXL_20220429_203547368.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, the cards molds chip make this so difficult.

And then what about all of the Matsui/Abbiati chips out there, like Zens, Park Place, etc.

For China clay, it is hard to beat the Majestics and Royals from Apache. They are probably the closest to my Paulsons and CPC/ASM customs in a cheap chip.

As others have pointed out for best value, the Cards Mold group buys are hard to beat. My personal favorite is the Palms, and there is a July group buy open in the Group Buys board right now where you can get Palms or a few other patterns (Flamingos) closing soon.

For ceramics, I like the Dia de los Muertos from BR Pro Poker, Dead Presidents from PokerChipLounge and the various WSOP/Tournament knockoffs (King of the River from BR, old WPS chips from ABC).

My only major issue with ceramics is that I like clay chips better and the ceramic prices are in many cases much higher than the Apache or Cards Mold options, so its hard for me to justify ceramics, though I have several sample sets.

As always - order a sample set before you commit to a large buy as there are large variations in quality between various sets and you'll have a much better idea of what you like after you've handled several options.

Favorite China Clays: Royals, no question about it.

View attachment 945853

Favorite ceramics? Oy, this is a hard one. DDLM are one of the most artistic, top quality sets out there and I absolutely love mine.

View attachment 945854

... However, the cards mold chips that have been coming out with all sorts of customs and tributes are are really giving the DDLMs a run for the money. I think the CM Palms chips are really hot.

View attachment 945855

Edit: wait, do Matsui Zens count? Shit...
View attachment 945858
Appreciate it! I love the look of those Palms Chips! I have a set of the Royals, I'm just not sure how I feel about the 43mm still.

Appreciate it! I love the look of those Palms Chips! I have a set of the Royals, I'm just not sure how I feel about the 43mm still.
I absolutely love 43 mm chips. I'm a little on the fence about using a mixed set where the lower denominations are 39 mm and the upper ones are 43 mm. But as far as a consistent 43 mm set goes... I love them.

This is especially true when using a high roller, deep stack T100 tournament set.

Over time you will learn to love 43 mm as well. It is inevitable. Like me buying chips.

what did you think those were made of?
Wishes, and dreams and love ... and plastic.

However, since Matsui/Abbiati sets are much less common to find and are usually either GB or custom order, they don't come to mind at first. And since you can't order them as easily as you could with the BRPro ceramics (or even the CM chips), I don't even think of them when someone mentions a chip that's not clay.

SunFlys too; I'm sure there are some custom SunFly people on here.

Another one for Royals, great value!

As for ceramics it depends on what you mean with best. I would rank them:

B&G>>>Chipco>>>>>>>>>>BrPro>Sunfly>>>>>>>>>Cards mold

However, the first two aren’t readily available. BrPro and Sunfly are the best available fully customizable ones. However again, weighing in price and the fact that you can print precisely anything you like, including copyrighted stuff (some would argue this isn’t a good thing), and to a very good price point, maybe Cards mold is ”the best”.

Personally I dislike the ”mold” but they’re very popular.

For the China Clay, the ones I preferred were the CPS (Championship Poker Series) followed by the last iteration of Dunes.
For Ceramics, it's hard to tell but I like the ABC smooth ones, the SunFly PolyClay and the SunFly PolyInno hybrids (but the 43mm with 25.4mm labels).

Fun fact : last Friday, I've run a tournament using my new CPC DieCar hotstamp chips followed by a cash game using my SF PolyClay (cards mold). Some experienced poker players (but not chip geeks) directly say they prefer the PolyClay because they stack like bricks and better than the CPCs.

Last edited:
Really happy (or at least I was til I started coming here…) with my Dunes cash set from Apache.

For my first foray into poker chips I think I got a lot for $0.49 a chip.

Attachments

• C1A71E2D-17C1-4931-9F0B-928947E11D99.jpeg
    C1A71E2D-17C1-4931-9F0B-928947E11D99.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 89
My favourite ceramics chips that I have are this "sons of anarchy" chips. I found out about the tv show months after buying these, i really like the design and how rare they are, haven't seen anyone with these chips even if they are stock.
p.s. the photo didn't come out really well, they are clearer IRL and the 25s and 100s are pretty different from each other

Attachments

• IMG_8401.jpg
    IMG_8401.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 68
I'm partial to the Dunes design and have embarked on gathering Paulsons but that'll take years one barrel at a time. So in the interim, I'm really liking the cc Dunes from Apache (as well as the Majestics and Pharoahs). Also, the NextGen Dunes from Spinettis look great (haven't held one though).

I'm partial to the Dunes design and have embarked on gathering Paulsons but that'll take years one barrel at a time. So in the interim, I'm really liking the cc Dunes from Apache (as well as the Majestics and Pharoahs). Also, the NextGen Dunes from Spinettis look great (haven't held one though).
Same- love the design so am going to gradually swap my CCs out for Paulsons

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom