Ever fold 2nd nuts to a min raise? (1 Viewer)

Zajac

Pair
Reaction score
I am not going to post the hand action by action due to how little action there was.....just trying to see if anyone folds this....I thought about it

.50/$1 NLHE 8 handed...effective stacks about $200

OMC is UTG....I have played with him many years...his picture is in the dictionary for OMC

He raises to $7 and it folds around to Hero (BB) with :kc::jh:

I call...I could raise or fold also...He isn't raising UTG light tho...so prob not raise

Pot is $14.50

Flop :js::8h::5c:

Hero checks and OMC over bets $25...I call (maybe fold here)

Pot is $64.50

Turn :jh:

I check to see if he continues but he checks behind (he didn't like the Jack)

River :kd:

I lead out for $50 and OMC min raises to $100

What hand would he possibly do this with besides :kh::ks:? If you can't find a hand...do you ever fold?

5E7FAF6E-1993-4D86-9DB3-CB47439DEBFA.png

I just read title, but no, no I wouldn’t. Gonna read post now and see if I change my mind.

Edit: still a hard no from me there, dog. Yes, KK fits nicely into his story but that’s one combo!

Last edited:
Is the OMC so OMC that he wouldn’t raise the flop or bet the turn with KK?

Edit: sorry, I misread. I thought you bet the flop.

So if you're going to call the OMC raise of $7 with KJ, I feel like you call the min raise at the end with second nuts.

If he's so OMC you've gotta put him on AA, KK or something similar preflop so why are you even in this position to start?

I could see a thread for any of these, some you beat and some you don't...
:qh::qs:
:ah::ad:
:kc::ah:
:8c::8h:
:5h::5d:
or doubtful given OMC
:jd::ad:

I call. It smells to me like QQ, AA, or AK which is what you want. But I am not actually good at poker ;)

So if you're going to call the OMC raise of $7 with KJ, I feel like you call the min raise at the end with second nuts.

If he's so OMC you've gotta put him on AA, KK or something similar preflop so why are you even in this position to start?
Home game....1st hand I played in about 45 minutes into the game.....pretty card dead.....fold was definitely considered

Aren’t most OMCs AA/KK only pre but are then bad post and can feel entitlement to the pot AKA gonna school these young maniacs?

Aren’t most OMCs AA/KK only pre but are then bad post and can feel entitlement to the pot AKA gonna school these young maniacs?
He could open wider than AA/KK...but prob doesn't 3 bet less than QQ/KK/AA

Per the question in the OP, yes I have, but the board texture was a lot different.

Why aren't you betting that turn if you called his overbet on the flop?

Even then, as played, that's an easy jam to the minraise.

If he has kings, God bless him, he can have my money.

I thought he would continue betting if I checked the turn...If I bet he may fold
Isn't that a pretty good outcome on a pot that was raised pre and overbet on the flop?

I understand that you're trying to get the best value you can here, but if you're worried about folding to a min raise on the river on a pretty scary looking card, why not get your money in on the turn?

If he's a true OMC that you think will only have Kings or Aces that he thinks would be good here, you either take it down right there or he calls and you're a huge favorite to a 7 outer on the river since you block one of his kings.

You have $80+ in with $120 behind facing a $50 raise. Only leaves you $70. No brainer. Jam and rebuy if he has the 1 combo that beats you, that's poker. Can't be scared of monsters under the bed.

At a minimum, you have to call. Hell, even if I knew for a fact that he had KK I'd still might call. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I am not going to post the hand action by action due to how little action there was.....just trying to see if anyone folds this....I thought about it

.50/$1 NLHE 8 handed...effective stacks about $200

OMC is UTG....I have played with him many years...his picture is in the dictionary for OMC

He raises to $7 and it folds around to Hero (BB) with :kc::jh:

I call...I could raise or fold also...He isn't raising UTG light tho...so prob not raise

Pot is $14.50

Flop :js::8h::5c:

Hero checks and OMC over bets $25...I call (maybe fold here)

Pot is $64.50

Turn :jh:

I check to see if he continues but he checks behind (he didn't like the Jack)

River :kd:

I lead out for $50 and OMC min raises to $100

What hand would he possibly do this with besides :kh::ks:? If you can't find a hand...do you ever fold?
I mean preflop 7x UTG raise is strong from anyone, let alone OMC. Lets put him on AA, KK, QQ, JJ and AK.

There are 1 combo of JJ, 1 combo of KK, and maybe 6 combos of AA that he could bet the river with. Even if he only bets AA 50% of the time, it is 3:2 that he has AA instead of KK or JJ. I call.

Nope not on that board with the betting pattern, stinks of AK at best and I don't even think he is that strong, reraise or you are missing huge value, if he has it he has it, move on

I mean preflop 7x UTG raise is strong from anyone, let alone OMC. Lets put him on AA, KK, QQ, JJ and AK.

There are 1 combo of JJ, 1 combo of KK, and maybe 6 combos of AA that he could bet the river with. Even if he only bets AA 50% of the time, it is 3:2 that he has AA instead of KK or JJ. I call.
Also possibly two suited AKs (Hearts and Spades)

The game plays like $1/$2….$7 was a standard raise

Well I tanked for about 30 seconds..,,knowing the player I think he calls with AA or AK.., I decide my only hope is he had 88 and try to trap when he filled up….I called expecting to be beat….he shows KK

I dunno. That over bet on the flop makes him seem like a dummy. Unless he’s actually a psychic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom