Euros 2020 (2 Viewers)

Before they introduced a penalty shoot out they used to decide games with a coin toss.
They also used to re-play matches. At least they did that in the 1958 WC.

I like penalties. I see it like they've had 120 minutes to win but both failed so they can't complain, and we need a winner.

Also:
Penalty kicks [...is...] great television.

Penalties after a 120 minute game are also insanely difficult. Even the best conditioned athletes cramp up and find the energy to muster up a kick after that much exertion difficult.

I know the guy who took the first ever penalty in a UEFA penalty shoot out. Celtic striker Dixie Deans. European Cup semi-final April 1972. Celtic v Inter Milan.

He missed… and Inter won 5-4 on penalties.

Says he still thinks about that penalty every day.

Well, seems like I wasn't the only one fed up of having it rammed down my throat 24/7 (Out of Context thread, anyone?)... There's a wondetful irony to this:

Screenshot_20210712_221520.jpg

Screenshot_20210712_221531.jpg

According to the news tonight this “young England team” (that’s the latest catchprase) has already won the Qatar World Cup next year. So no point in holding the competition… :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

They never learn.
Hahaha, I noticed that about #ThisYoungEnglandTeam becoming the latest phrase! Well, they say you never win anything with kids, so...

In terms of the English fans hunting blue jerseys or italian flags, there is that element in all fan bases. Not saying its right, but he with out sin may cast the first stone .. no stones will be be thrown.

However the security guards failing to protect any fans is disgusting, shame on the organizers and stadium management. But I am sure Harry had more than adequate protection.

IMHO Best all around English player on the current English squad, happy he didnt start, surprised he was put into the game so late and can not figure out why he wasnt on the starting 5 PK takers
The lack of gametime both he and Rashford suffered throughout the tournament is baffling?! This has been a historical problem with Grealish, too, so I'm really not sure what Southgate has against him...

here is a guys technical analysis of the game strategies, never saw his videos before it was forwarded to me by a friend
but peoples comments are always what makes me laugh

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom