EURO 2020 Sweepstakes Thread (1 Viewer)

jr8719

Full House
Reaction score
Creating a separate thread dedicated to our EURO 2020 sweepstakes, as per @OfficerLovejoy's suggestion.

So far, we have the following people paid:

@jr8719: Italy ($10 paid)
@MilouPilou1: France ($10 paid)
@PocketAces: Belgium ($10 paid)
@Easylife: Belgium ($10 paid)
@OfficerLovejoy: Germany ($10 paid)
@Grimace: Portugal ($10 paid)
@JRald07: Spain ($10 paid)
@Chippy McChiperson: England ($10 paid)

Anyone who wants to enter, if you just send $10 USD to jack.rivers@hotmail.co.uk, stating your PCF username in the notes when you send the money and the team you fancy to win.

Will give everyone until 11pm GMT on Monday night to send the money, as I know people might not be as active on here om weekends.

If multiple PCFers end up choosing the winner, the money will be split evenly between them.

Paging...

@Marius L
@Sambukan
@CarlosStorm
@StewbieDoo
@Pippa
@Thomacetti
@Coyote
@Grimace
@ChaosRock
@madforpancakes
@mattross1313
@davislane
@BonScot
@NittyByNature
@TeamNapoli
@Grimace
@Perthmike
@Davy21
@Chippy McChiperson
@Marius L
@lewan
@BillyBluff
@mipevi
@Don Clay
@Kasper Storrs
@mrplacey

Last edited:
Sent it. Portugal
All received. Feel as though Portugal have been a little overlooked going into this one as defending champs, but after the season Cancelo and Dias have had, they're a great shout.

All received. Feel as though Portugal have been a little overlooked going into this one as defending champs, but after the season Cancelo and Dias have had, they're a great shout.
cancelo tested positive for covid today misses euros

Can't update the original post now, but this is who we have confirmed thus far:

@Marius L: Holland ($10 paid)
@MeikCat: Croatia ($10 paid)
@Mr Winberg: Holland ($10 Paid)
@CarlosStorm: England ($10 Paid)
@Davy21: France ($10 Paid)
@ChaosRock: France ($10 Paid)
@pepelewpewpew: France ($10 Paid)

I will give anyone else interested until midnight tonight, GMT, to send over their money and selection — and then I'm closing this thing up.

Any more takers?

@Sambukan
@CarlosStorm
@StewbieDoo
@Pippa
@Thomacetti
@Coyote
@Grimace
@ChaosRock
@madforpancakes
@mattross1313
@davislane
@BonScot
@NittyByNature
@TeamNapoli
@Grimace
@Perthmike
@Davy21
@Chippy McChiperson
@lewan
@BillyBluff
@mipevi
@Don Clay
@Kasper Storrs
@mrplacey

Last edited:
In for England. I haven't liked how played Spain today...so I've changed my bet for a team that plays the best football in Europe :rolleyes: :unsure:

In for England. I haven't liked how played Spain today...so I've changed my bet for a team that plays the best football in Europe :rolleyes: :unsure:
So you've been making jokes for the past couple of weeks about Britain leaving the EU... But still choose England? ;)

Bromas aparte, dinero todo recibido - gracias!

Even without a tag :cautious: I have now placed a bet! :)

Thanks! I always enjoy a gambool!
Apologies, couldn't keep track of all the people that had expressed an interest previously. Money all received, thank you — I like your choice, too.

Apologies, couldn't keep track of all the people that had expressed an interest previously. Money all received, thank you — I like your choice, too.
No apology needed, I was just joking! Thanks for setting this up!

Closing this up now, but thanks to everyone who has entered. Final selections as follows:

@Marius L: Holland ($10 paid)
@MeikCat: Croatia ($10 paid)
@Mr Winberg: Holland ($10 Paid)
@CarlosStorm: England ($10 Paid)
@Davy21: France ($10 Paid)
@ChaosRock: France ($10 Paid)
@pepelewpewpew: France ($10 Paid)
@PokerDots: France ($10 paid)

If none of the above teams win, I'd say that the money just goes to whoever picked the highest-finishing team?

Last edited:
In for France, am I too late to enter? Haha
giphy (19) (54).gif

If none of the above teams win, I'd say that the money just goes to whoever picked the highest-finishing team?
I agree with this. There is however a chance that the two (or more) highest finishers actually finish equally high, so you might want to cover that base by deciding now to either let all those players split or do some kind of draw.

I agree with this. There is however a chance that the two (or more) highest finishers actually finish equally high, so you might want to cover that base by deciding now to either let all those players split or do some kind of draw.
What do you mean, sorry? Let's say, for example, that France finished second by losing to Sweden (a team that nobody has picked) in the final. In that situation, I still think that everyone who chose France should split the money, as opposed to a draw taking place to determine an outright winner. Is that kind of along the lines of what you meant?

In your scenario I agree that all who picked France should split the money. What I meant was if France and Spain are knocked out in the semis by Sweden and Denmark. Does everyone who picked France and Spain win? Or do you draw team?

It could even be more extreme: France, Spain, Germany and Italy are all knocked out in the quarterfinals by teams nobody picked.

One way to solve it is that whichever team that lost to the eventual winner is declared the winner. For e.g. in the last scenario: If Germany lost to Sweden in the quarterfinals and Sweden wins it all, then those who picked Germany wins.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom