Ethan “Rampage Poker” Yau (1 Viewer)

I've been watching his vlogs for a few months now, mainly his live game stuff. Saw his final table video and skipped along it, really pleased for him. Loved his reaction at the end about having to tell his mom he lied about his trip :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

An interview with Forbes about his victory:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/yweitz...s-on-his-god-run-to-poker-glory/#3e96df4724e5

I like this kid, subbed and curious to see more :)

Cool article, thanks for linking.

However, I may need to take a break from PCF. I legit read the final quote of the article as "If a scrub donkey....." :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :banghead:
@Hammer2171 :bag:

[On his final thoughts:] “If a scrubby dub f*** like me can win a tournament or bracelet and run deep, anyone can. Like a huge donk like myself. It’s so crazy that the dream is legitimately alive for anyone. Just run really well.”

Cool article, thanks for linking.

However, I may need to take a break from PCF. I legit read the final quote of the article as "If a scrub donkey....." :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :banghead:
@Hammer2171 :bag:

[On his final thoughts:] “If a scrubby dub f*** like me can win a tournament or bracelet and run deep, anyone can. Like a huge donk like myself. It’s so crazy that the dream is legitimately alive for anyone. Just run really well.”

Maybe we should send him an Honorary Scrub Donkey chip? :p

I’ve been checking his YT channel and I recommend it to anyone who’s done with the jaded, know-it-all show off poker pro’s.

Has a Brad Owen vibe, and he often focuses more on hands he felt he played wrong rather than publishing a “CRUSHING AT THE 5/10 TABLES” video every time he’s collected enough winning footage.

Very recognisable situations as well for the newer players :)

First of all, seems like a nice guy and I'm happy for him. However, I'm amazed the dude won this.

I've seen 3 of his cash game vlogs and he was a big loser in 2 of them, with one of them showing an obvious issue with tilt. As Mathijs says above, he'll often say "I totally misplayed this" or "I have no idea what to do here". He definitely doesn't come off as a poker genius.

He does present himself as a good dude though, so glad he was able to pull this one out.

I think part of the charm is that he is honest about who he is.

Nothing about his vlogs are as polished as Neeme’s or Owen’s, from the poker play to production values. But he is just a dude out there grinding away and doing so honestly. It is nice to see. Really seems like a nice and humble dude, and I hope he has continued success.

I just hope he doesn’t take this new bankroll and head straight to 5/10 permanently.

Exactly!

To be honest, the thought struck me more than once while watching his vlogs that every other poker vlogger or poker pro who shares footage in any shape or form probably makes mistakes more frequently than they like to admit, and to me that signals that if Ethan keeps this attitude and this level of learning, he might have a faster/better learning process than many of them. The video of his bracelet win starts with a segment about him getting rivered out of a different event, how many poker pro's include that in the footage of their first bracelet win?

He's far from a level where he can go up against Ivey, Hellmuth, Negreanu, etc. on a regular basis, but since he's too honest to lie to his audience, I like to think he won't fool himself anytime soon by talking away his mistakes, and he might make it to that level faster than your average pro.

All speculation of course, but it's refreshing and it's a nice idea :)

And in any case, it's fun to see someone like this win for a change, instead of seeing one of the more well known players add another bracelet to their collection. It feels like a wholesome win :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom