Espresso on Game Night (2 Viewers)

I use a moka pot and buy my Italian roast whole beans from a roaster in my neighborhood.

Oh wow, that is a nice setup! When my players ask for espresso drinks, this is all I have to offer...
moka-pot2.jpg
That's what I use in the morning.....hey wait, is this a poker chip forum?! When I was on a boardgame site, I was told to stay on topic. Anyway, my brother stayed with me for 3 nights. The house he was renting had pipe problems so he came over with a little Nespresso machine. I made him a shot in the moka pot. He said this shot is better. I brew the liquid until the liquid hits the bottom of the stem. I use Italian roast whole bean. I grind as needed.

nice topic!
We're always playing poker veeery long and keeping us awake with this baby :)

View attachment 134491
It's always about the bars! Pressure bars.

I have this in our pantry and it does everything but scratch your balls. You put the expression beans in the grinder hopper on the top left and the cream or milk in the carafe that’s plugged into the machine and you can get automatic single or double shot expresso, latte, etc. Delonghi.

View attachment 134479
I got a cheap DeLonghi as an office gift. After about a few months I pitched it. Are there machines that scratch your you know what?

Did we just become best friends? Lol.

I got a great deal on the Dual Boiler from a guy local that was moving in a hurry. Hadn’t ever pulled a shot before grabbing this... fell in love with all of it immediately. Really fun process!

The Baratza Sette 270 is for espresso duty yes, the smart grinder pro came with the machine and serves my drip/cold brew duties. Also have a Baratza encore grinder at work. I fell down the Coffee rabbit hole hard and fast, much like this one.

Go Cubs!

Edit: almost forgot, I am a 19.5gr in 30gr out in ~35 seconds kind of guy. Only have made 1 milk drink since grabbing this in May.
Nice to read someone else using the cliché, down the rabbit hole. I use for myself a moka pot. I buy Italian whole beans and grind them as needed.

Normally a big hell no from me, but I gave it a shot and I’m really enjoying it. Orange juice and espresso.

I'll take your word for it but I am still not going to have OJ as a side car.

This is how you start the day:
1648468369366.png

Havin' some espresso and lookin' at some chips.
Naturally, this isn't an everyday occurrence.
Some of the poker chip companies are out of certain denoms.
Not that I am going to host a poker night in my tiny apt. But I thought of putting together a micro set.
side note: I saw a few images of that club martini chips. Not sure if they are Nevada Jacks or some other company.
1648468721220.png

I guess they are rare and expensive.

Bumping this thread. I've had a Rancilio Silvia for years, paired with a Baratza Vario grinder. I reached the practical limitations of the single boiler Silvia early on, but soldiered on with it, as it did the job. I've recently decided to up the game with a heat-exchange Rocket Mozzafiato. But I've been quietly lusting after the La Marzocco Linea Mini for years--a dual boiler sexy beast that is as close to a commercial pro unit as one can come. Anyway, short story long: down the rabbit hole I've gone and I'm now contemplating the La Marzocco. It's a grail machine. Anyone have one or have any opinions? (Including as to whether I've lost my mind.)

View attachment 869716

Boom! La Marzocco Linea Mini arrived this weekend and the Niche Zero came today!

B9820011-2192-44AC-909E-D4C2C767091A.jpeg

I had an espresso and whiskey about an hour before game time Friday, and it had my head spinning for a couple of hours. I rarely mix caffeine and alcohol - do those two things mix strangely in people?

I had an espresso and whiskey about an hour before game time Friday, and it had my head spinning for a couple of hours. I rarely mix caffeine and alcohol - do those two things mix strangely in people?
Not me - Irish coffees were a favorite of mine before I cut down on drinking

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom