ESPN upgrade (2 Viewers)

Reaction score
Hello all,new member here, first post...... I recently came across a sale of the ESPN version of the Barrington..... I host home cash games and tourneys and couldn’t resist those damn lights!! Well I hated the felt and had some red speed cloth laying around so I decided WTH I’ll upgrade this thing! Once I had it stripped down to the cloth I decided why not and decided to get some better LED strips as well (read a post the factory ones were a bit too bright, which I agreed with!) After about 3 hours of work I couldn’t be more happy, I’m about 90% done just need to rehinge it and put the legs back on (if I don’t decide to upgrade those as well ......) Lemme know what you guys think! All in all I spent a little over $150 (table on sale $99.9+tax and led’s were $45 off amazon) and couldn’t be happier! Tried to post vids of the lights in action but site wouldn’t allow it

0B95D099-24E7-43E9-AFF9-E9DC359C92CB.jpeg
5CA0F069-5245-44F2-9DC5-D6C6EFA29884.jpeg
1028866E-5F20-4C10-A236-9445AB96CAF0.jpeg
5CF53439-46F0-4BBE-A1BD-F45015894AC3.jpeg
8372006C-274B-46E4-B53F-90C97B85352B.jpeg
7A5D89F5-56A4-4849-9106-C3110C384223.png
F16AF9A8-D9CE-4356-A8C2-D44EAF987B99.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work - I know a lot of people were curious if the ESPN tables were as easy to reupholster as the Barrington tables... now we have our answer :)

Looks great! Definately a huge upgrade. Welcome to the crew!

You can see some sample sets off to the right of a couple photos. Looks like he is leaning the Nexgen route - so the table pics are going to be the best brag.

But he does live very close to Paulo, so there is a chance he will learn... :cautious:

Welcome to the forum. Nice first post. Nice table upgrade. Now.. let’s talk chips. :).
That’s why I joined! My chip game is not as strong as my table game however I currently have a cash and tourney set of Milano’s (2,000 chips)....... I recently bought a cheaper set of poker knights (1,000) for cash game simply for the orange .50 and the lime green $2

That’s why I joined! My chip game is not as strong as my table game however I currently have a cash and tourney set of Milano’s (2,000 chips)....... I recently bought a cheaper set of poker knights (1,000) for cash game simply for the orange .50 and the lime green $2
Nothing wrong with Milanos. Many of us started there as well. I still have my Milanos for use as a travel set, though I rarely hit the road anymore with my chips.

Nothing wrong with Milanos. Many of us started there as well. I still have my Milanos for use as a travel set, though I rarely hit the road anymore with my chips.
2,000? what's the breakdown? i'm looking at 750 and trying to decide on the breakdown for either cash games or tourney, 10 players max.
2,000? what's the breakdown? i'm looking at 750 and trying to decide on the breakdown for either cash games or tourney, 10 players max.

what's the breakdown? i'm looking at 750 and trying to decide on the breakdown for either cash games or tourney, 10 players max.
Honestly I have 350 350 of .50 and $1 but I wish I would’ve went higher with the lower denoms......... that’s my cash game though..... rarely do I bust out the $25 chips which makes me sad!!

<div data-xf-p="1"><div data-xf-p="1">2,000? what's the breakdown? i'm looking at 750 and trying to decide on the breakdown for either cash games or tourney, 10 players max.</div><div data-xf-p="1"><br></div></div>
Gentleman!!!! Gentleman!!!! Gentleman!!!!! I’m sorry if I did not specify!! My Milano set is a cash game...... and tournament game set of poker chips!

I should have clarified I have 1,000 for cash and 1,000 for tourneys

UGH!!! Walmart is killing me! I know that this will go on sale.... just seems to be taking forever!

Hi and welcome.
Have you removed the foam and the ESPN felt or did you lay the new speed cloth over ?
Before replacing the LEDs I will try to dim the original ones, if does not work I will go with your solution. Which LEDS did you took from Amazon?

UGH!!! Walmart is killing me! I know that this will go on sale.... just seems to be taking forever!
I Know your pain I randomly checked it one day and it was $99.99 I bought immediately and it was $179.99 about 30 minutes after my purchase went through I honestly think I caught a screw up somehow cuz lowest I’ve seen it since was $149.99

Hi and welcome.
Have you removed the foam and the ESPN felt or did you lay the new speed cloth over ?
Before replacing the LEDs I will try to dim the original ones, if does not work I will go with your solution. Which LEDS did you took from Amazon?
I left the espn felt and foam on just as you can see it in the pics above and then stretched the speed cloth like crazy and stapled like crazy as well.... strong clamps really helped get it nice and tight..... dimming may be an easier solution but the ones I ended up with have every color of the rainbow and 120 customizable settings and dimming as well.... I wish I could post videos bcuz it really is quite amazing and you use an app on your smart phone to control them..... I got these LED off amazon

ELlight Bluetooth Dream Color LED... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M9XHYVB?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

So I bought the ugly brown Barrington table (as it is the cheapest and the only difference is the color & no lights.) It was on sale and quick. I also ordered gray speed cloth! it should be here tomorrow and I will change the cloth out and see about installing my own LED lights! still gonna be cheaper than buying the ESPN one or building from scratch. if it falls apart in a few years or is too small, I will build a new larger table top but use the parts from this table! boom

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom