Espn podcast about WSOP (1 Viewer)

joepro

Flush
Reaction score
This is an awesome "behind the scenes" podcast about how ESPN's coverage of the Chris Moneymaker WSOP came about, and was a major factor in creating the poker boom. I did not realize that this was the first year of the production as it is still today. They hit the jackpot with the Moneymaker win, between that and the infancy of online poker, his win was really a perfect storm. One funny spoiler is that the producers of the show were initially upset that no "famous poker players" made the final table, not realizing at the time that almost nobody in America knew or cared who these guys were.

http://www.espn.com/poker/story/_/i...03-world-series-poker-main-event?platform=amp

Look forward to checking it out.

The subject of Chris Moneymaker always rankles me a bit. That Moneymaker wasn’t unanimously put into the Poker Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility speaks to the absurd pettiness and shortsightedness of his peers and other so called professionals in the game. The man is a giant in our sport.

Look forward to checking it out.

The subject of Chris Moneymaker always rankles me a bit. That Moneymaker wasn’t unanimously put into the Poker Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility speaks to the absurd pettiness and shortsightedness of his peers and other so called professionals in the game. The man is a giant in our sport.

He’s not one of their Bobby’s Room cash game buddies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom