• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Errrr what? (1 Viewer)

ReallyGoodUsername

Royal Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Just listed on eBay
78E37D06-112C-42D2-9758-3E75ACDCF886.jpeg

Looks like it was near a fire, softened and then was hand-molded into shape.

If somebody here picked this up it could actually be a great way to analyze the material that makes up Paulson clay, and some other aspects of the manufacturing process, like label composition and a general idea of how their spot punches worked.

This is amazing to see. I know I personally had no idea exactly how a chip was made. Help me out if I’m wrong, it almost looks like the main chip is made, then the stripes are filled in? Then it’s pressed? How is this not a documentary on Netflix yet?

Can someone post the link? I can't find it on eBay.

I would buy this in a heartbeat but I'm not sure I can justify the expense right now. I hope it goes to a PCF member, someone who can really appreciate what it is and what it represents.

How is this not a documentary on Netflix yet?
As dearly as I'd love to watch it, this is actually prohibited by law. David Spragg from Classic Poker Chips has mentioned a few times that as a licensed Nevada gaming equipment supplier he is forbidden from revealing very much at all about his production processes. That's one of the reasons why so much of what we know about the history and manufacture of poker chips is shrouded in fog and mystery.

Super cool, would make a pretty unique card capper for sure. Not sure I’d be overly keen at that price though.

Can someone post the link? I can't find it on eBay.

I would buy this in a heartbeat but I'm not sure I can justify the expense right now. I hope it goes to a PCF member, someone who can really appreciate what it is and what it represents.
I'm thinking about it...it would be a nice addition to have in my chip making quest, @GianThaMan brought my attention to it.

Here's the link:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BALLYS-100...-/164866520945?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom