End of Summer Poker Tournament - Vancouver Area (Langley) - MAIN Sat, Sept 18th (Cash on the 17th) (1 Viewer)

grantc54

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm having my annual (this is #15) outdoor poker tournament Saturday, September 18th. I am always looking to add a few new players every year as old players cycle out. This year we will also

COVID NOTE: Due to children not being eligible for vaccinations yet, both vaccinations will be required. The event (as in previous years) will also be outdoors. A cap may be put on players, but we're not sure if we'll need that yet.

Historically we've had between 24-40 players, it is really a crap shoot based on who can make it.

It is a very relaxed group and definitely rec players BUT I adhere strictly to Robert's Rules of poker and keep everyone in line. There is a really good mix of players.

Some IMPORTANT notes:
- the game is outside, rain or shine. We have giant tents and tarp everything off. Vancouver in August could be super hot, mild, rainy, who knows!? We may have to adjust if forest fire smoke is an issue this year.
- there is drinking, and smoking (tobacco and other) near the table. Since it is outside smoke is less of an issue, but it is present. Everyone knows the rules and they are enforced, so no worrys about BS but play can sometimes be slower.

PM me if you are interested and I'll add you to the email list.

Here are more details:
MAIN GAME End of Summer: Poker Tournament Details (Subject to Change)

When: Saturday, September 18th - Poker registration starts at 11:00 am, game starts at 11:30.
The game structure is designed for the game to be done by ~10:30 PM.
** Late registration is possible with advance notice **

Where: Regular location in Langley (e-mail me if you require the address)

Buy-in $120 Canadian
Includes: 1 buy-in and 1 rebuy (or add-on if rebuy not used), $10 HH/BBJ, and $10 towards food

There is no rake, everything goes to the prize pool and to help cover costs (it does not cover all costs, additional funding comes from the bi-monthly poker game and my pocket)

Additional Details
Food/Drinks**
- Unlimited hot dogs, late night pizza, assorted chips/candy, pop, water, coffee, etc. BYOB.
- Food is included this year as 99% of the people playing buy in and it is easier for money collection and budgeting
** Let me know any food requests and they can be taken into consideration.

High hand/Bad Beat Jackpot $10
- High Hand - High hand for the tournament wins half the pot (best 5 card hand using one of your cards, does not need to go to showdown)
- Bad Beat Jackpot - Best hand that loses gets half the pot (minimum is AAAKK, must use both of your cards)
- If there is no bad beat then all money goes to the high hand

CASH GAME End of Summer: Poker Details (Subject to Change)

When: Friday, September 17th - Poker is set to start around noon.
Where: Same location as the tournament

Game: The plan is to try some mixed limit poker games at $0.30/0.60. Based on interest there may be a regular Holdem $0.25/$0.25 or $0.25/$0.50 and some turbo tournaments.

Last tournament's winner was @Gear, who will hopefully be present to place his name on the trophy.

grantc54

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last year was T5M starting stack. I still have to work the math for this year, will likely be the same to prevent the tournament spilling over to 2 days. ;)

20210722_200845.jpg

LotsOfChips

Flush
Reaction score
IN!(terested)

Will make it if I can, probably Saturday, Friday may be more challenging.

Will there be cash games on Saturday for those that bust out?

JScott

3 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damnit! I'm gone up north from the 15th-20th. Would have loved to meet a lot of you.

grantc54

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2nd chance 5pm tournament prep. Tourney may or may not occur, depends on which players are out and which are in.

20210905_123548.jpg

20210905_124752.jpg

One of the downsides of going deep in the main tournament is that would dont always get to play the side tournament and cash games.

Next up prepping the Jacks for the Friday Sept 17th evening game.

grantc54

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One spot left for the game on the 18th. PM me if interested. Full vaccination required.

Also a smaller 2 table tournament at 6 pm on Friday the 17th.

Chips in play:
- Friday 17th - Jack Cincinnati T35k starting stack
- Saturday 18th Main Event - Custom HIP RHC/IHC
- 2nd chance game on the 18th - Kash Ceramic
- Cash - Greedy palace custom and HSI secondary

LotsOfChips

Flush
Reaction score
Has the monsoon started there yet? Supposed to be pretty wet Friday, hopefully Saturday is slightly drier.

Top Bottom