Empress star chips (2 Viewers)

Goldfish

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
can someone tell me the difference between these 3 sets of ES chips (what are each set is called). Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• B1C79EAE-4FA4-4976-8E1F-52CF6CFBEC47.png
    B1C79EAE-4FA4-4976-8E1F-52CF6CFBEC47.png
    811.9 KB · Views: 342
Empress Star Cash
Empress Star Secondary Tournament (ESST)
Empress Star Primary Tournament (ESPT)

Tourney sets are also referred to as EST1 and EST2 (since they really aren't primary/secondary sets in the true sense).

Cash set with the best non leaded THC mold quarter and $20 chips (IMO)

Close WSOP tribute set with less chips made than the set below it, but somehow costs less

The best Paulson tournament set I've ever seen (just IMO) and my grail tournament set

Yeah, these sets are super sweet. my next focus For sure.

Cash set with the best non leaded THC mold quarter and $20 chips (IMO)

My favorite white Paulson $1 ever, and super strong -- unequaled, IMO -- from the $20 on up. Just imagine if the AS $5 had been in the cash set!

(I'm not a fan of the quarter, since it doesn't even begin to fit my idea of a spot progression, so I sold mine -- but I think I'm the only one who feels that way.)

Close WSOP tribute set ... somehow costs less.

Maybe "The best Paulson tournament set I've ever seen" explains it?

The best Paulson tournament set I've ever seen ...

Agreed.
(And the PStars top them all! :cool)

My favorite white Paulson $1 ever, and super strong -- unequaled, IMO -- from the $20 on up. Just imagine if the AS $5 had been in the cash set!

(I'm not a fan of the quarter, since it doesn't even begin to fit my idea of a spot progression, so I sold mine -- but I think I'm the only one who feels that way.)

Maybe "The best Paulson tournament set I've ever seen" explains it?

Agreed.
(And the PStars top them all! :cool)
The $1 white cash chip is very nice! Maybe the designer of the set was going for a reverse spot progression here? Quarters and $1 are pretty busy while the $5's are less austentacious. The tri moons look awesome, but my only gripe is that the same four colors were used for the $20 and $25 chips, but I suppose there's no need for both in the same set if I was building one from scratch.

$100 and $500 are both excellent as well. Just a strong set.

Agree to your point about pricing of the "ESPT" and "ESST" sets.

I like the PStar's too, but not enough to consider a set. My BW's will have to do :)

I like the PStar's too, but not enough to consider a set. My BW's will have to do

Hmmm -- a mixed SunFly/BJ set, using the ES $1s and the outstanding BW $5s?

But how would I resolves those two stupendous 43mm hundos????? Use BOTH!

I'm not a fan of the quarter, since it doesn't even begin to fit my idea of a spot progression
The $1 white cash chip is very nice! Maybe the designer of the set was going for a reverse spot progression here? Quarters and $1 are pretty busy while the $5's are less austentacious. The tri moons look awesome, but my only gripe is that the same four colors were used for the $20 and $25 chips, but I suppose there's no need for both in the same set if I was building one from scratch.

$100 and $500 are both excellent as well. Just a strong set.
I think the progression makes more sense when viewed in the context of the original $1 submission (prior to GPI denying the use of V spots with white base).

ES-Cash_mockup-original.JPG

The progression goes from V spots, to V + 1/8 spots, to flattened V with 1/8 spots, to really flattened V spots (tri-moons), to double 1/8 spots, to quad-triple 1/8 spots. Having similar $20 and $25 chips allowed people to have a bright tri-moon chip regardless of denomination choice.

I think the progression makes more sense when viewed in the context of the original $1 submission (prior to GPI denying the use of V spots with white base).

View attachment 460177

The progression goes from V spots, to V + 1/8 spots, to flattened V with 1/8 spots, to really flattened V spots (tri-moons), to double 1/8 spots, to quad-triple 1/8 spots. Having similar $20 and $25 chips allowed people to have a bright tri-moon chip regardless of denomination choice.
I don’t love the $5 in this set, and I prefer a blue $1...but if that $1 had made it through, I would definitely have a good size set of these.

View attachment 460177

Ah, I was out of the loop when that happened. It certainly makes sense -- thanks for the detailed history.

View attachment 460177

Almost made it sound like a regression but I like those a lot!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom