SOLD Emerald Bay 860 chips (sanded) for $1200 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeWhoWouldPun

Straight
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
After sitting on a shelf for way too long, it is time to let these chips find a new home. Some have been used to play blackjack with my children on a carpeted surface. They have all been sanded (so they are less slippery). Multiple color 5s were because I thought that I could use one color as nickels if needed and/or have "primary" and "secondary" 5s in use at the same time if needed. If that tilts you, I understand. I included a picture of them together in stacks just in case somebody wanted to see.

$1200 shipped (what I paid for them). Matsui racks included. US only and no splits at this time.

Breakdown:
.25 - green - 120
1 - blue - 200
5 - red - 200
5 - orange - 200
20 - yellow - 100
100 - black - 40
Total: 860

Pictures (I didn't want to redo all the pictures I had previously taken so only 1 has the chips with my information):

EB with name.jpg

(yes, I know I forgot to include one of the .25s in this picture)

EB Group.jpg

EB Red Orange Mix.jpg

Did the sanding cause the face of the chip to look any different? Would it be possible to show a pic of a sanded vs unsanded face?
Also ho much did it help with slipperyness?
Thanks!

Did the sanding cause the face of the chip to look any different? Would it be possible to show a pic of a sanded vs unsanded face?
Thanks!
I don't have any unsanded pictures to use as a "before" picture, sorry. For now, here is a group photo of the faces. There's also an older thread about sanding Matsui chips. The link below goes to pictures of pre-/post-. There are also videos in that thread. I don't remember if there are EB pictures/videos in the thread but it gives a good idea about sanded Matsui in general.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/making-matsui’s-less-slick.49393/#post-929672

EB Group Front.jpg

Thanks!
This is all from my own sanding experience but sanding doesn't affect the inlay at all given it's not flush with the top of the chip, it's ever so slightly lower and the sanding doesn't reach it. Additionally, for the face, the grit that is used is really really fine and so it doesn't impact what the face looked like. It wasn't really possible to visibly tell the difference between sanded and unsanded when I did it.

Also, those orange and blue $5s are the hottest damn 5 that exists. If anyone has never seen them they practically glow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom