Ellusionst Cards (1 Viewer)

If you're looking for cards for poker, that's not really a go-to site. They sell some nice decks for collectors, stage, and dexterity work, but you can find far better products/deals for the game table.

If you're looking for cards for poker, that's not really a go-to site. They sell some nice decks for collectors, stage, and dexterity work, but you can find far better products/deals for the game table.

I understand, we have a few bridge jumbo decks for playing. More of a curiosity than anything.

I've had good experiences with those cards. My favorite being the "ghost" series.

I'm interested as well. I know they might not be the best to play with, but some of these decks look really nice and i'm all for the aesthetic.

IMG_1715.JPG

Theory 11 as well. One of my favorite designs.

As it was said already, these are all printed by USPCC.
Pretty much the same material you'd get with an ordinary paper Bicycle deck, just the manufacturing tolerances might be a bit lower than on the cheapo standard design cards.

If you love the design go ahead, but these are really damn expensive for "only" being paper cards that will quickly wear down when normally playing with them.

My personal favorites (different front companies but all produced by USPCC) --

Pretty much the same material you'd get with an ordinary paper Bicycle deck, just the manufacturing tolerances might be a bit lower than on the cheapo standard design cards.

If you love the design go ahead, but these are really damn expensive for "only" being paper cards that will quickly wear down when normally playing with them.

Man 1 and 3 are awesome. How are the pips on the pressers? Couldn't get a clear look from the pictures.

Man 1 and 3 are awesome. How are the pips on the pressers? Couldn't get a clear look from the pictures.

They have decent size and are well readable. The stretched font maybe makes it a little less optimal than it could be but well that's just the classic style :)
p28.jpg

I like the idea of jazzing it up a bit and doing themed nights occasionally. Our games are meant for relaxation and if we win a bit, awesome. If we lose a bit, that's okay too. I think they'd be acceptable for a single night of playing.

Also, beautiful choices!

If you attempt to play with these cards, don't be surprised if your face makes the acquaintance of some fists :p
I'll name you any card's value/suit just looking at the back side.

If you attempt to play with these cards, don't be surprised if your face makes the acquaintance of some fists :p
I'll name you any card's value/suit just looking at the back side.

Lol true dat. Or Madison Dealers as well.

I've found that plastic cards are much more durable in poker games, and handle fine for playing purposes... but handle very poorly for sleights.

Paper cards, on the other hand, are much easier to handle with sleights. My perception may be partly because back when I actively practiced card magic, I only used paper cards, but the difference is very significant, and I strongly believe it's much harder to manipulate plastic cards cleanly.

The edges of plastic cards are, well, plastic. Paper cards, even when plastic-coated, have paper edges that offer a lot more grip.

To me, using plastic cards is just more insurance against someone trying to violate game integrity.

I've found that plastic cards are much more durable in poker games, and handle fine for playing purposes... but handle very poorly for sleights.

Paper cards, on the other hand, are much easier to handle with sleights. My perception may be partly because back when I actively practiced card magic, I only used paper cards, but the difference is very significant, and I strongly believe it's much harder to manipulate plastic cards cleanly.

The edges of plastic cards are, well, plastic. Paper cards, even when plastic-coated, have paper edges that offer a lot more grip.

To me, using plastic cards is just more insurance against someone trying to violate game integrity.

I play in a group that uses paper cards. They buy them by the case and won't change to plastic. One paper deck lasts about a night.

I play in a group that uses paper cards. They buy them by the case and won't change to plastic. One paper deck lasts about a night.

Love paper cards, but can't beat plastic for games. No dog ears, no print wear, and you can't spill beer on them...

Edit:
Well, technically you can spill beer on them

Last edited:
Reactions: Nex

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom