Elliptical table journey

stonker

Pair
Reaction score
I have been wanting to build an elliptical table even since I saw Samoth311's build thread.
So I picked up another conference table and started to make some cuts today.

First thing was to mark centerline in both directions

thumbnail_IMG_3947.jpg

Quick and dirty trammel to layout the elliptical profile

thumbnail_IMG_3949.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0083 (2).png

I know most of you guys do not like a dealer cutout or chip tray but I found when you're 2 to 3 hundred pounds overweight it makes it easier to reach around the table. I like having the chip tray so I can color up tourney chips on the fly.
This is the same template I used on my "boat shaped table" build.

thumbnail_IMG_3952.jpg

Template for chip tray

thumbnail_IMG_3953.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3954 (2).jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3956.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3959.jpg

Last edited:

stonker

Pair
Reaction score
Most likely going with a similar design/theme as my last table.
Elliptical table specs: 46" x 94" before dealer cutout, 5" rail, 7" printed betting line, printed community card area, chip tray and chip drawer.
I just picked up a double claw foot style pedestal table planning on painting the pedestal black.

Capture.PNG

Samoth311

High Hand
Reaction score
Looking great so far!

I was thinking about upgrading mine with a custom felt with a betting line...but I was a bit worried that it would be difficult to print and install on an elliptical table. I look forward to seeing how your's looks!

stonker

Pair
Reaction score
Looking great so far!

I was thinking about upgrading mine with a custom felt with a betting line...but I was a bit worried that it would be difficult to print and install on an elliptical table. I look forward to seeing how your's looks!
I don't think installing an elliptical cloth would be any harder than an oval. I followed Chanman’s tutorial on my last build and was very happy with the results.

I’m considering putting led lights in the raised rail. I searched the this forum but did not find a good do’s and don’ts thread.
Has anyone used a flexible channel like in the following link?

https://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Channel-Enclosed-Waterproof-Installation/dp/B07YXM4FFP

Last edited:

Samoth311

High Hand
Reaction score
I dont think installing an elliptical cloth would be any harder than an oval. I followed Chapman’s tutorial on my last build and was very happy with the results.

I’m considering putting led lights in the raised rail. I searched the this forum but did not find a good do’s and don’ts thread.
Has anyone used a flexible channel like in the following link?

https://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Channel-Enclosed-Waterproof-Installation/dp/B07YXM4FFP
I considered the flexible channel you linked, but ultimately rejected it because I thought that the distance between the LEDs and the diffuser was too small to give me the uniform "glow" look I wanted. That may or may not be an issue for you. I went with acrylic from ATP Plastics. It was a little more difficult to install (use a heat gun to bend the acrylic into a grove) but wasn't really that bad. The price was about the same, I think.

Top Bottom