Eenie Meenie Mynie Moe... Custom Cloth Color, Pong Poker Club!!! (1 Viewer)

Which color combo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NiceShot

Flush
Reaction score
Hello,

I decided to go with a T-chan custom cloth for my lighted raised rail table. I could use some help with choosing a color scheme.

My raised rail lighted 10 person poker table will get integrated in this dark walnut finish table I made and replace the 8 person table that is in it. This should give you an idea of the color of the legs.
dark walnut table.jpg

The raised rail will be covered in whisper vinyl black and the pearl diffuser below will be used to cover the led's.
pearl diffuser.jpg

Here are the color's I am trying to decide on...
Black
Pong Poker Room black and white.jpg

Bronze Cream
Pong Poker Club Bronze and Cream.jpg

Black Silver
Pong Poker Room black and silver.jpg

Black Chocolate
Pong Poker Room black chocolate.jpg

Thanks,
-NS-

Last edited:
I think the advice Trihonda ended up getting about avoiding black applies here too. The bronze and cream remind me of the Hitching Post table, which can't be a bad thing. Should work well with the walnut too.

As far as the design, that much "Pong Poker Club" text gives me an "I am Groot" sort of feeling. Maybe there's a second element you could add to break it up?

I agree with "atomiktoaster" the Bronze and cream will look nice and break up the dark stain and rail. As far as the many "Pong Poker Club" I would probably only change the betting line I like the text at either end.

I do really like the black and silver.

Nice job, cant wait to see finished Pic's.

You will enjoy the play of your chips better on the cream/ bronze playing surface. I think the betting line text would be better solid due to the watermark background. Perhaps a bit too much "advertising" when you have the big PONG POKER ROOM in the middle. I think you can also lose the text at the ends of the table as well but I would definitely lose the betting line text. Looks really great and these are just personal opinions. In the end you should choose what will bring you the most satisfaction every time you sit down to play!

When it comes to poker felt, less is usually more. You don't want a bunch of distractions or places where chips and cards can get even momentarily lost. Function trumps fashion every time, in my book.

Of those listed in the OP, bronze/cream probably works best for your application -- but I think you can do a lot better. Betting line is way too busy, for starters. I'd also lighten the background watermark so that it is less prominent.

When it comes to poker felt, less is usually more. You don't want a bunch of distractions or places where chips and cards can get even momentarily lost. Function trumps fashion every time, in my book.

Of those listed in the OP, bronze/cream probably works best for your application -- but I think you can do a lot better. Betting line is way too busy, for starters. I'd also lighten the background watermark so that it is less prominent.

Agreed with this.

Heres my custom felt for example. Capture_zps48c0cb23.PNG

C.R.E.A.M get the money, dolla dolla bills ya'll

I think you might be from my era :)

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for the feedback guys. My brother and I did go a bit nuts playing with Adobe Illustrator. I haven't done design work in several years so I must admit, I was having a lot of fun. There definitely is PPC overload :). I like the suggestion for solid bet line.

The king and queen are already busy enough. They are representative of my wife and I since I luckily married someone who likes to play poker. I'll mess with the opacity and try to lighten up the back, hmm or go more solid on the bet area.

Keep the votes coming for colors and thanks for the contributions. I plan on having it locked down by end of the week to send to T-chan.

Last edited:
i wonder how it would look without the lettering on the ends, as well as the wording removed from the bet line but nothing else changed in the betline. no solid stripe, no additional things added...just simply removing the wording that goes aroudn the betline

i wonder how it would look without the lettering on the ends, as well as the wording removed from the bet line but nothing else changed in the betline. no solid stripe, no additional things added...just simply removing the wording that goes aroudn the betline

Ask and you shall receive... at least in this case :)

MASTER Pong Poker Club bronze and cream _  no bet line.jpg

manamongkids, how is your black cloth holding up? Is the lint issue a problem for you?

no lint, but i also didnt get mine thru T Chan, so i could be comparing different products

i definitely like the cream best... a comment, thought:

The king/queen motif (and inspiration) are cool and look good when the table is empty.

But surround by players with chips and cards and clutter outside the betting line... it's gonna by all chin and nose! Unless you think the art will be completely lost and irrelevant when actually playing a game, I'd adjust the positioning... I think if the king and queen are looking at each other, eye to eye, it will look cool, without or without clutter outside the betting line. If that doesn't work, maybe some other adjustment...

That's actually a very good argument for restricting the watermark image to within the confines of the betting line. Watermark inside, solid color outside.....

i definitely like the cream best... a comment, thought:

The king/queen motif (and inspiration) are cool and look good when the table is empty.

But surround by players with chips and cards and clutter outside the betting line... it's gonna by all chin and nose! Unless you think the art will be completely lost and irrelevant when actually playing a game, I'd adjust the positioning... I think if the king and queen are looking at each other, eye to eye, it will look cool, without or without clutter outside the betting line. If that doesn't work, maybe some other adjustment...

I wanted something that would be interesting to look at on it's own, yet be able to disappear once the game got going. Chips will cover the outside area so not worried about watermark there. I am hesitant to put the watermark solely or even too heavy in the bet area as I do want cards and pot amount to be easy enough to view.

I decided in the pic below to make the watermark less in the bet area, but appear enough to have continuity with the whole picture. I also turned the king around so they're face to face. I'm not sure if he is depicting he'll protect his home and family or threatening domestic violence.

MASTER Pong Poker Club bronze and cream_no bet line f2f.jpg

Just noticed I should have them touch as well, little bit of a gap, but should get the overall idea across.

Haha nice.

It was odd that his eyes were in the bet area and her's wasn't, tried to even them out some in this one... What are your thoughts on them facing each other? Do you like that better than upside down from each other? Not sure which I prefer...

MASTER Pong Poker Club bronze and cream_no bet line bigger king.jpg

I think it would be best to have one "upside-down". That way the players on one side of the table have a character right-side up and the players one the other side have the same. I think it creates a sense of symmetry. I would still like to see what the cloth would look like with some sort of solid line around the betting center.

This design reminds me of a design I did for spikeithard a few years ago, maybe he has some pictures of what it looked like on the table with chips. Here is a mockup:
final with watermark2.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. Hmm p5 I noticed you went with the worded bet line... several of my local crew liked that part which I took out, but then I think I would need to change the main text up. Maybe more acronyms.

I forgot to do this work in cmyk... arg such a pain to convert from bright colorful rgb which I am used to working in. I will post the latest when done. Thanks for the feedback guys.

I think it would be best to have one "upside-down". That way the players on one side of the table have a character right-side up and the players one the other side have the same. I think it creates a sense of symmetry. I would still like to see what the cloth would look like with some sort of solid line around the betting center.

Added 20pt bet line below:
GOLD MASTER CMYK Pong Poker Club bronze and cream_black bet line bigger king.jpg

Last edited:
I think the king and queen in this orientation would look pretty great.

Interesting idea. Tried it but I need to make the betting area too small to fit the faces. Also I don't quite have the skills as p5 to creatively connect the two with the existing artwork. They end up being skewed and not aligned.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom