Edge Restoration (1 Viewer)

RivieraDanny

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Been thinking of a way to evenly shave 1/2 or 1mm off the round edge of bike tires.... Sure it would reduce the overall circumference to 38.5 or 38mm. Just wondering if anyone's toyed with this?????

Hmmm. Only a few minutes of playing. Might be on to something. Faces weren’t clean so that shows but definitely sharpened the edges without shrinking the chip enough to say “oh hell no”! Sorting for thickness is definitely important. But just grabbed a barrel!! Very interesting.
image.jpg

Hmmm. Only a few minutes of playing. Might be on to something. Faces weren’t clean so that shows but definitely sharpened the edges without shrinking the chip enough to say “oh hell no”! Sorting for thickness is definitely important. But just grabbed a barrel!! Very interesting.View attachment 792125
What did you do to get here? That does look promising.

What did you do to get here? That does look promising.
Trade secret!! LOL!!!! Ill reveal all when I perfect this! Note to self: sorting for thickness 1st, treatment, Sort for thickness again, final treatment, wash, oil. less than 1/2mm removed does more than one thinks! Off to hockey! I will report back!

Ok. We’re there. These haven’t been final treatment. Or cleaned. But the edges are back and the chip is NOT noticeable smaller at all. A little tweak in the process and the chip clinic will be in the edge restoration game!! View attachment 793487
Looks pretty good @RivieraDanny, I may be seeking your services in the near future.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.