Eclipse Poker Chips (Should I buy these as a tournament set?) (1 Viewer)

Schrodngercat

High Hand
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Quick question for you all- does anyone have any experience with the eclipse poker chips (https://www.pokerchipmania.com/1000-eclipse-poker-chip-carrier-set.html). Im able to buy these chips from a coworker for $50 pretty much brand new. Do you think its worth it for a tournament set? I recently bought the set of apache royals as my first cash set and I've been super happy with them but I'm wondering if this is even worth it for a tourney set or if I'll be unhappy with them.

Thanks for any advice!

Hi guys,

Quick question for you all- does anyone have any experience with the eclipse poker chips (https://www.pokerchipmania.com/1000-eclipse-poker-chip-carrier-set.html). Im able to buy these chips from a coworker for $50 pretty much brand new. Do you think its worth it for a tournament set? I recently bought the set of apache royals as my first cash set and I've been super happy with them but I'm wondering if this is even worth it for a tourney set or if I'll be unhappy with them.

Thanks for any advice!
It checks all the boxes on chips people here burn. It's actually rule #62 if I recall. "No metal slugged engulfed in plastic is allowed on PCF" be careful to admitting to buying these.

No but in all seriousness, don't waste your money man. Cheap isn't what you are looking for in poker chips. You won't be happy. The give away to garbage is 14g

I mean it all depends on your budget. If you’re likely never going to get Paulsons and stick to Unicorns, cheap Chipcos, and the like, and rarely play tournaments I’d say get them. Otherwise I’d hold off, build up your chip funds and get something made of clay.

Thanks the advice is much appreciated. I figured they were crappy but wasnt sure at more then 50% off the new price if they were worth picking up for a tourney set.
The reason you haven't had a response is bc no one would touch these with their enemy's money. Tell your buddy you will pass, get some samples of other options from here. Post your group Dynamics so we can help you.
Welcome to the forum!

But, as it is said over and over here on PCF...

Get samples! :)

For $50 - why not. If they’re crap, you can just give them away to someone without losing you shirt. Highly likely that the breakdown will be lousy for tournaments but you never know.

Also handy to have a set like this when one of your mates wants to “borrow” some chips.

They are awful, for many reasons. Even at 50% off, you're better off just torching the cash.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom