EBay Services / Buyer's Protection Program (1 Viewer)

Meddler2

Full House
Reaction score
Is eBay buyers protection legit? Sounds to good to be true and I should run away but...

I found an item via CL. Selling price is 10x less than what I believe market price is based on previous sales.

Fact or fiction:

"Hello again xxxx

The xxxxx is at eBay warehouse in Springfield, Missouri. It's already sealed and ready to be delivered anywhere (i will pay the shipping so all you have to pay is $xxxx). Like i said, we will use eBay Services so we can both be protected and insured.
The xxxx will arrive at your address between 3-5 days and you will have 15 days to inspect it. If by any reason, you won't be satisfied you will ship it back on my cost and eBay will give you a full refund. Once you inspected it and decided to keep it, you will confirm your decision to eBay and only then eBay will re-route the money in to my account.
In this way you will be able to inspect the xxxx before committing to buy and as you see I WON'T GET ANY MONEY UNTIL YOU WILL SEE AND TEST IT!
If you want to start the transaction with eBay just reply here your full name, full address and phone number than eBay will contact you by e-mail with an invoice and explain better the process"

this sounds very "scammy." If it sounds too good to be true... and 10x cheaper probably falls in that category. I am also not familiar with eBay handling and/or guaranteeing anything outside of eBay but that's only my opinion. That and the dialogue seems cut and paste from the scam trying to get your paypal log in /password reset info.

I'll second it. If it isn't listed on eBay then don't believe a thing.

Have them Iist the item with a buy it now price and send you the item number.

Otherwise stay clear.

If it's in Springfield MO then tell them I'll pick it up for you in person...and see what happens. It's a little over an hours drive for me.

eBay usually imposes penalties/warnings if anything is negotiated outside their system. (Happened to friend of mine)
Tell the guy to open a private listing, pay with paypal and u should be fine

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom