• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine eBay SELLER WARNING - jakeg6939 (2 Viewers)

navels

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks to the PCF-er who brought this to my attention! Regarding this auction:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-Paulson-tophat-and-cane-poker-chip-set/133407877823

I paid for these chips 3 weeks ago and recently opened a PayPal dispute as they never shipped me the chips. Last Saturday they claimed to have supplied a tracking number to PayPal to resolve the dispute but they aren't responding to my texts and of course now this auction is on eBay.

I am going to call PayPal today to update the case with this information. If someone wins this auction and gets the chips, that is A-OK with me, but I'd be wary of sending these people any money. Also at the current bid price I'd want more pictures to be able to assess water damage. FWIW I paid $150 including shipping. caveat emptor!

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw that set yesterday and that little voice inside me said “something’s wrong with this one.” Not sure if there was something in the listing that tipped me off or it was just gut. But something about it felt risky.

Probably already know this but eBay generally sides with the buyer so you’re probably in good shape. You mentioned above texting the seller. I would only communicate via the eBay system that way it’s documented in their system.

I had a bad dealing with an expensive drum set. Good luck with your case!

Wow. Sorry to hear. Put in a best offer when I first saw it then got this last night after it was already bid up to $300 (feel free to send along to eBay if it helps):
DEDDE7F6-7AF6-4681-BA20-E6DF69263035.png

something’s wrong with this one
Perhaps it's the hasty, trunk-back pictures with a Domino's pizza box inexplicably left on the sill of the back seat among other rubbish? Or maybe it's the 0 feedback rating? Or maybe it's the bottle of wiper fluid curiously placed next to the chip case? Or it could be the dust and surface imperfections (limescale residue? other surface damage?) present on the chips.

There definitely seems to be an odor coming from the listing. Not sure if that's moldy pizza, mildew from the chips, or a meth lab, but something definitely stinks.

Perhaps it's the hasty, trunk-back pictures with a Domino's pizza box inexplicably left on the sill of the back seat among other rubbish? Or maybe it's the 0 feedback rating? Or maybe it's the bottle of wiper fluid curiously placed next to the chip case? Or it could be the dust and surface imperfections (limescale residue? other surface damage?) present on the chips.

There definitely seems to be an odor coming from the listing. Not sure if that's moldy pizza, mildew from the chips, or a meth lab, but something definitely stinks.
Oh. Ha. Yeah it was the 0 feedback rating.

Saw this one last night.

The single photo in the auction and the zero feedback rating for the seller was a no from me.

That @navels had a deal in place for these and the seller re-negged is a bad look.

Update: I got a text response from the seller this morning after I called him out for the auction:

"Yes we've just decided to allow them to give you back your money. The chips are worth much more than the 150 we had come to with you."

Looks like I have to wait a few more weeks for my refund. If they'd just refunded me instead of ghosting me that would have been nice.

Glad you're getting your money back, sorry you had to go through the hassle and waste your time.

Thanks for the heads up.

This guy should be blacklisted the same as wikiitakki or whatever his name is. I'd argue this is even worse.

dont understand why you got to wait for your refund, that should be instant especially when there is something fishy going on
And why is eBay allowing this when they have proof these were sold but not delivered on another site

dont understand why you got to wait for your refund, that should be instant especially when there is something fishy going on
And why is eBay allowing this when they have proof these were sold but not delivered on another site
My original transaction and dispute are through PayPal, not eBay.

If they'd just refunded me instead of ghosting me that would have been nice.
It would not have been nice. Sold is sold. Regretting selling it too cheap after the deed is done is beyond not nice :tdown:

This guy looks like a true scammer. What he has done so far with navels, his 0 eBay feedback and his requests for a transaction outside of the eBay system are all strikes.
Actually, I think the responses from this guy wanting to go outside the eBay system should be reported to eBay. It’s against their policy and this will likely prevent further shenanigans.

PSA: If you don't get a warm fuzzy feeling about a seller and you MUST purchase anyway through Paypal, USE A CREDIT CARD. If you dispute with your credit card company, they do a charge back to Paypal. Paypal then doesn't get to decide the fate of your money.

I had a medium flat rate box show up empty with a third of the box missing and nothing inside. USPS marked it as delivered. Paypal sided with the sender and told me to pound sand. That was the last time I paid with my checking account to an eBay seller.

PSA: If you don't get a warm fuzzy feeling about a seller and you MUST purchase anyway through Paypal, USE A CREDIT CARD. If you dispute with your credit card company, they do a charge back to Paypal. Paypal then doesn't get to decide the fate of your money.

I had a medium flat rate box show up empty with a third of the box missing and nothing inside. USPS marked it as delivered. Paypal sided with the sender and told me to pound sand. That was the last time I paid with my checking account to an eBay seller.
This guy looks like a true scammer. What he has done so far with navels, his 0 eBay feedback and his requests for a transaction outside of the eBay system are all strikes.
Actually, I think the responses from this guy wanting to go outside the eBay system should be reported to eBay. It’s against their policy and this will likely prevent further shenanigans.
Yeah, eff all of this noise. Blacklist the fool and report him.

Finally got my refund from PayPal, no thanks to the sellers, they basically dragged their heels until the clock ran out.
What a dick! They got mad at me cause I *couldn't figure out* how to send them money via PayPal before the eBay auction ended it so they could cancel that and I could buy it for $900 :nailbite: DRATS if I only understood how to send a PayPal ! :LOL: :laugh::LOL: :laugh::LOL: :laugh:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom