eBay covers! Missing Package (1 Viewer)

Have you made a sucessful high dollar claim with the USPS insurance?

• Total voters

RivieraDanny

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Well I've only had the displeasure of dealing with the USPS on a lost package once a long time ago. I sold a dewalt drill on eBay that got lost in shipping. eBay refunded the guy his money out of my funds, I got my shipping tag $ and $50 back from USPS a month later, then 3 months later the package started scanning again and delivered. In the end I made $20 profit and the guy got a free drill. I asked eBay later about the circumstance and all they said is that sometimes it works that way.

Fast forward to this week, I struck a deal with an eBayer for a rack of rare chips after messaging him on something else, he was kind enough after a PM to tailor a listing for me, I was very excited as I've not seen but a single chip or 2 in years. I paid him $1800 and patiently waited and checked tracking 3 times a day as it scanned accepted the same day and then not again. Its been a couple weeks or so now and the package shows accepted in Las Vegas NV but nothing further. Seller says he went to the PO to see if he could find something out to no avail. I called eBay support who told me that if the package doesn't scan for 14 days they will consider it lost and refund my money. I'd rather have the chips. I hope that the seller can recover the $1800 I'm sure that eBay will take from him but they referred me to the USPS on the drill, I guess we will see in this instance if USPS insurance, which eBay requires on high dollar items pays off!!!

If the rack shows up after all this I will never gamble again!

I have made claims with USPS and FedEx where package went missing, as long as there was sufficient insurance no problems. Sucks to lose the chips and hope the seller had coverage.
Now, the real question is what rack of chips should we be looking for on craigslist?

It would be easy to spot! Pretty sure after acceptance scan theft isn't an issue, but where are they sitting in a postal shipping center is the question!
1647698413967.png

yah up to the seller to file a claim
hope he insured it

Also for anything much over $500 I request express mail
its kept secure and in the PO vault locked up when it arrives
express if it gets lost someone is gonna loose their job.

For stuff I cant loose and since FedEx isnt an option I send it
Registered mail. Someone looses a REG package they are
gonna be facing potential jail time. Its locked in a cage when
in transport and a vault at the PO and has a chain of custody
at each transfer.

Last edited:
yah up to the seller to file a claim
hope he insured it

Also for anything much over $500 I request express mail
its kept secure and in the PO vault locked up when it arrives
express if it gets lost someone is gonna loose their job.

For stuff I cant loose and since FedEx isnt an option I send it
Registered mail. Someone looses a REG package they are
gonna be facing potential jail time. Its locked in a cage when
in transport and a vault at the PO and has a chain of custody
at each transfer.
Priority is not as secure as express??

Priority is not as secure as express??
No
Priority is just large 1st class

Express is much more secure
It’s locked up at the PO in their vault on arrival and it it’s like next day or two day service for CONUS not sure if they still guarantee

Registered is most secure. It’s locked up on transport. No access to anyone who’s like a contractor not citizen. Then locked up on arrival. Also has a chain of custody receipt at each transfer. It’s just much slower to provide the secure transfer. But registered is guaranteed receipt. Always under lock and key. I’ve used it for stuff not worth much but that’s irreplaceable. There is high value stuff sent with that for things that are quite important.

No

It’s locked up at the PO in their vault on arrival and it it’s like next day or two day service for CONUS not sure if they still guarantee

Registered is most secure. It’s locked up on transport. No access to anyone who’s like a contractor not citizen. Then locked up on arrival. Also has a chain of custody receipt at each transfer. It’s just much slower to provide the secure transfer. But registered is guaranteed receipt. Always under lock and key. I’ve used it for stuff not worth much but that’s irreplaceable. There is high value stuff sent with that for things that are quite important.
Good to know!!!

No

I had no idea. This is great info. Thanks!

Well, we will know for sure if they start showing up on eBay because I have also looked for two years and only have 3. Hell of a score and I hope they show up. I’m looking forward to seeing a whole rack! Gives me hope I may complete a barrel one day…

I’ve only had one package lost (the werneke box fell out of the SFRB in transit). I was the buyer so couldn’t file the claim, although the PO did offer to let me (the seller had called and authorized it) they were actually very helpful via the 800 call center. Maybe I was lucky.

They had exact data on the package at every checkpoint, including weight, time, and a photo scan….and we’re able to pinpoint where the weight changed. They have more data for priority then most people think.

ALL “unaddressed” contents that fall out of packaging get sent to the processing center in Atlanta. Unfortunately, my package has not been found, but it’s unmarked white box - lol.

The PO suggested putting the address on the werneke boxes as well. If it’s secured, they will deliver it to the address listed on the box. (It won’t go to the Atlanta abyss)

I now put the address on every shipped werneke box, just in case.

Well, we will know for sure if they start showing up on eBay because I have also looked for two years and only have 3. Hell of a score and I hope they show up. I’m looking forward to seeing a whole rack! Gives me hope I may complete a barrel one day…
I guess they're out there!! Lets just hope this one turns up I have some faith but not much!!
1647705619554.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom