eBay account hacked? (2 Viewers)

Sprouty

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with your eBay? Seems like once every few weeks my account gets hacked. I'm tired of it. I have changed my eBay password, my email password, and also PayPal, yet it still continues to happen. Is it on my side or are there others out there?

Anyone else having issues with your eBay? Seems like once every few weeks my account gets hacked. I'm tired of it. I have changed my eBay password, my email password, and also PayPal, yet it still continues to happen. Is it on my side or are there others out there?

user error?

Most likely you have a virus on one of your computers that sniffs for usernames and passwords to known sites. As you change them it picks up the new ones and you are compromised all over again.

Be extra careful with things that matter like online banking services until it can be sorted out.

Honestly seek out a computer pro. A basic AV scan may turn up nothing. Some of the banking trojans I’ve seen are insidiously difficult to track down.

Once they get into my eBay they list workout DVDs. I just cancelled my account. I'll get a hold of my computer buddy as well.

Never had an issue until a few months ago.

Once they get into my eBay they list workout DVDs.
Olivia Newton-John approves.

article-2066516-0EF2FA8900000578-533_468x315.jpg

Never had an issue though I thought for a brief moment I did a few days ago. Received an email that looked identical to PayPal emails in every way that said I just bought something or other. Of course I would never click any of the links within the email anyways but my sudden WTF reaction was soothed when I took a second glance at it and noticed it was from paypa|.com

Two factor authentication on everything that uses money/credit cards. And email.
And strong passwords.
But two factor authentication is key.

Never had an issue though I thought for a brief moment I did a few days ago. Received an email that looked identical to PayPal emails in every way that said I just bought something or other. Of course I would never click any of the links within the email anyways but my sudden WTF reaction was soothed when I took a second glance at it and noticed it was from paypa|.com
I had this happen too. But never had any issue with my actual PayPal . Pretty sure it was a fishing email that wanted me to sign on thought the email link to capture my password.

I had this happen too. But never had any issue with my actual PayPal . Pretty sure it was a fishing email that wanted me to sign on thought the email link to capture my password.

Anytime I get an email stating I have been hacked I will log on through the site or my phone app. Never through a link that has been emailed to me. I rarely download anything nor visit questionable site so it sort of has me baffled.

It wasn't an email stating I'd been hacked IIRC it told me I needed to pay for something I purchased. It looked official from PayPal headers and all I opened it on my phone but never clicked on the link. . I knew I hadn't bid on anything so I went to my computer that I do all of my banking on and logged into PP. It had nothing. So just ignored it. Received several more after and just ignored them. This was a couple of years ago.

My eBay/PayPal account was hacked back in 2007 when I was training for a deployment in Germany. Whoever it was took me for $6000, which put my account -$2000. I had a wife and baby depending on my money back home. Luckily, it was one paper she had to sign at the bank and all of our money was back. Scary. I have never used eBay or PayPal since.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom