Eating a lemon (1 Viewer)

mike32

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
Like thread title says. Just got back from lunch with a heavy equipment salesman. As we were getting ready to leave he took his steak knife and stabbed his lemon slice from his iced tea and put the whole thing peel and all into his mouth. Then he chewed it for a while and swallowed the whole damn thing. I’m 54 and I didn’t know that was something people did.

Do people do that?

I asked him if he just ate his lemon slice peel seeds and all and he said Yep, it’s good for your breath. We had a laugh, then I got back to office and posted this!

Well, we now know a "person" does that. Lord knows if people do. I have seen people bite into the slice of lemon before, but never eat the whole thing rinds and all. I've seen a guy that would sprinkle sugar on it and bit into the fruit of the slice.

Not something I've seen before. Then again it takes all sorts, I knew a guy who would eat onions like apples :sick:

I eat the lemon but not the seeds and skin, that’s new to me :LOL: :laugh::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

No. No. No. not that lemon. Eating lemon is ok, for whatever reason, but typically they slice lemons for tea into a container and only empty it when it stinks. Fermented lemon is not pretty.
I ask for tea no lemon anymore.

I've not known anyone to do such a thing....but the bigger question is - did he buy lunch??

It’s all edible, and many cuisines use the whole lemon in cooking (ok, maybe not the pips). But the bigger concern is that lemon acid is murder to teeth. I hope he rinsed it down with water afterwards.

The guy is a salesman, and clearly he did it to get a baseline on your "shocked as hell" body language and facial expressions.

That way, when you're negotiating pricing later, he'll be able to gauge how far away he is from the highest price you'll pay.

The guy is a salesman, and clearly he did it to get a baseline on your "shocked as hell" body language and facial expressions.

That way, when you're negotiating pricing later, he'll be able to gauge how far away he is from the highest price you'll pay.
And you’ll be thinking “I better not piss off this crazy motherfucker, he may go all Mike Tyson on my ear like he did that lemon”.

Curious about these tactics.
Is there one where you just reach over and fork a piece of steak off their plate?
Or change their order without them knowing to see how they handle unexpected surprises?

I could get into these kinds of sales

Curious about these tactics.
Is there one where you just reach over and fork a piece of steak off their plate?
Or change their order without them knowing to see how they handle unexpected surprises?

I could get into these kinds of sales
I was mostly joking, but I wouldn't be remotely surprised if some salespeople use these types of tactics for distraction or conversation control.

I've not known anyone to do such a thing....but the bigger question is - did he buy lunch??
He did!
This salesman has been selling us front end loaders for years so I think we are easy customers. I’ve had lunch with him probably 15 times and never seen him do this.
If he invites me to a lemon party I am so out!

My guess is he got drunk doing tequila shots when he was 16, started eating the entire lemon because he was too drunk to realize what he was doing and thus 'learned' this was the proper way to eat lemon.

There's a first for everything I suppose...
While it may be good for your breath the acid is terrible for your teeth, and stomach

No. No. No. not that lemon. Eating lemon is ok, for whatever reason, but typically they slice lemons for tea into a container and only empty it when it stinks. Fermented lemon is not pretty.
I ask for tea no lemon anymore.
:sick:
But I love lemon with my water.... ugh I'll never be able to unread this lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom