#bringbackbergsJust got home from Krafty's meetup and was reflecting on the last few days. First off, thank you so much to Mark and his family for hosting. The preparation, kindness and hospitality was amazing. I am honored that you'd host me, and a bunch of other fellow chip nerds, for 2 days!
A few thoughts:
Anyway, thanks again to all my digital friends who I got to meet/see in person. If you ever find yourself in the Philly area, you will have a game and a place to stay.
- Circus games are actually fun. Sure, it sucks when you misread your hands (who knew that was not a valid Badugi hand? I do now, and it only cost me $50 and a bunch of weird looks from other players to learn), but it's fun to donk it up with others who only understand these games marginally better than you.
- Scarney is awesome. It's like a fucked up version of Go Fish, but for degens.
- Berger cookies are the shit. You Maryland folks don't know how good you have it.
- The customs in play: Lions Den, BTP cash, SpeakEC, were amazing.
- There's a ton of good ass people who are on PCF. I'm humbled to be a part of this group.
- Extra Credit: This was my first time meeting Bergs and I can honestly say that he was one of the nicest, most generous chippers I've met. He brought tons of pot sweeteners and giveaways, was hilarious, and genuinely brought a lot of fun to the game. If any of you have ill feelings towards him based on an internet persona, I challenge you to attend a meetup with him and I assure you that opinion will change.
Thanks again @krafticus and everyone!
Good luck, wish I knew you were heading down there. I was contemplating going but I didn’t want to drive alone.
No problem at all, hopefully I’ll make the next one and it’s in NJ this time. Looks like everyone enjoyed themselves and there were lots of nice chips in play.
Top table, l->r..