Supporting Member
Reaction score
We got tired. Chopped 4 way.

IMG_20190629_202819.jpg

Ben8257

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@AWenger remembering that I bought a partial rack of garden City $1 chips and bringing the remainder and giving them to me... One of the most generous things I have experienced, I am so impressed and amazed at your generosity sir it will never be forgotten... Mr. Brian @Klobberer those fracs will be loved, again can't thank you enough for the generosity of helping a fellow chipper! Mr. Chris @arch3r very impressive chips and also thank you so much sir for helping my better half Ms. @FordPickup92 with her quest on PCAs... Sorry this is so long and I have so many people to thank!! @Highli99 as soon as we arrive you greet us with a friendly hello and an amazing custom dealer button, as soon as it is in play I promise pictures!! Solid poker playing my friend, it was a pleasure being at your table!! @Irish had a great time meeting you and being to your left... Promised it wouldn't be bad! Amazing customs and thank you for sharing with us!!! Finally Mr. Mark @krafticus sir I can't thank you enough for opening your doors again to PCF and hosting an amazing event... You know you only get the opportunity to do things the first time once... As in the first meet up with PCF'ers and let me say your hospitality as a host and playing environment far exceeded our expectations. To everyone we met thank you for your kindness and again as always this experience was nothing less than proof of how strong and amazing the PCF community truly is!! Thank you all again a 1000 times over and hope we can do it again in the future!! Ben

MegaTon44

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got home from Krafty's meetup and was reflecting on the last few days. First off, thank you so much to Mark and his family for hosting. The preparation, kindness and hospitality was amazing. I am honored that you'd host me, and a bunch of other fellow chip nerds, for 2 days!

A few thoughts:
  • Circus games are actually fun. Sure, it sucks when you misread your hands (who knew that :ac::7d::7h::7s: was not a valid Badugi hand? I do now, and it only cost me $50 and a bunch of weird looks from other players to learn), but it's fun to donk it up with others who only understand these games marginally better than you.
  • Scarney is awesome. It's like a fucked up version of Go Fish, but for degens.
  • Berger cookies are the shit. You Maryland folks don't know how good you have it.
  • The customs in play: Lions Den, BTP cash, SpeakEC, were amazing.
  • There's a ton of good ass people who are on PCF. I'm humbled to be a part of this group.
  • Extra Credit: This was my first time meeting Bergs and I can honestly say that he was one of the nicest, most generous chippers I've met. He brought tons of pot sweeteners and giveaways, was hilarious, and genuinely brought a lot of fun to the game. If any of you have ill feelings towards him based on an internet persona, I challenge you to attend a meetup with him and I assure you that opinion will change.
Anyway, thanks again to all my digital friends who I got to meet/see in person. If you ever find yourself in the Philly area, you will have a game and a place to stay.

Thanks again @krafticus and everyone!

Dan

Perthmike

Straight Flush
Reaction score
Just got home from Krafty's meetup and was reflecting on the last few days. First off, thank you so much to Mark and his family for hosting. The preparation, kindness and hospitality was amazing. I am honored that you'd host me, and a bunch of other fellow chip nerds, for 2 days!

A few thoughts:
  • Circus games are actually fun. Sure, it sucks when you misread your hands (who knew that :ac::7d::7h::7s: was not a valid Badugi hand? I do now, and it only cost me $50 and a bunch of weird looks from other players to learn), but it's fun to donk it up with others who only understand these games marginally better than you.
  • Scarney is awesome. It's like a fucked up version of Go Fish, but for degens.
  • Berger cookies are the shit. You Maryland folks don't know how good you have it.
  • The customs in play: Lions Den, BTP cash, SpeakEC, were amazing.
  • There's a ton of good ass people who are on PCF. I'm humbled to be a part of this group.
  • Extra Credit: This was my first time meeting Bergs and I can honestly say that he was one of the nicest, most generous chippers I've met. He brought tons of pot sweeteners and giveaways, was hilarious, and genuinely brought a lot of fun to the game. If any of you have ill feelings towards him based on an internet persona, I challenge you to attend a meetup with him and I assure you that opinion will change.
Anyway, thanks again to all my digital friends who I got to meet/see in person. If you ever find yourself in the Philly area, you will have a game and a place to stay.

Thanks again @krafticus and everyone!

Dan
#bringbackbergs

Irish

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck, wish I knew you were heading down there. I was contemplating going but I didn’t want to drive alone.

Sorry boss, I didn't send out a check-in note to the Jersey contingent because up until Friday I was scheduled to continue down to Virginia for work this week, so I was just going to head down there this morning and couldn't offer to carpool back home. Then all my meetings got cancelled Friday afternoon, too late to try and coordinate it. :tdown:

Phish1321

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problem at all, hopefully I’ll make the next one and it’s in NJ this time. Looks like everyone enjoyed themselves and there were lots of nice chips in play.

Irish

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a blast this weekend, many thanks again @krafticus to you and your family for hosting the meet up this weekend, everything was very organized and you put out a great spread, much appreciated! It was great getting to see folks from previous meetups again as well as meet some new faces. Gotta love when a collection of chip nerds get to together - lots of rifling through spare singles/barrels/racks for trading and having $80 pots come to a dead stop when someone throws in a nice pot sweetener chip so we all can pass it around to oogle, then blow up the pot to try and nab it.

@AWenger & @ChipFinderSK thanks for the trades, you guys helped me inch closer to filling out some barrels I've been working on for a while. And @Ben8257 my tourney neighbor, it was a riot getting to shoot the shit about salty white wieners with you and your girl (and dude no way my wife would spend ~6 hours chilling with me while I play cards. We call that a keeper where I'm from... ;)) I need that dip recipe too, hit me up with a PM when you get the chance.

You guys in MD/VA/PA have a great group of PCFers, I wish I lived a little closer so I could sell all my chips and just play at your games lol. Hope to see everyone again at another meetup in the not so distant future - maybe/possibly at a Jersey area meetup next year....????

Irish

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problem at all, hopefully I’ll make the next one and it’s in NJ this time. Looks like everyone enjoyed themselves and there were lots of nice chips in play.

Yessir the gears are already turning - I spent my 2 1/2 hour drive home this morning in contemplation/planning mode.... ;)

krafticus

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ChipFinderSK

Flush
Reaction score
Thank you to @krafticus and his family for hosting this weekend. I had a great time meeting and hanging out with so many local chippers, and checking out / playing with lots of amazing sets of chips. I don’t want to forget anyone, so I’ll just thank everyone who came and helped make the event memorable.

Highlights for me:

- Adding a handful of $1s to the collection, while also being able to help several PCFers with their own collections.

- Unexpectedly finding 120 fracs to use in a mixed set. A very nice surprise that puts me very close to having a playable set.

- Winning the last hand of the night, which included a $5 scratcher pot sweetener - a $50 winner! I think this is the first time I’ve won more than $2 on one.

It was a pleasure to see / meet everyone, and I hope to see everyone again in the future. Mini-meetup chip pron attached.

Attachments

• 3C106951-E640-4972-8441-93C3410C0EE3.jpeg
    3C106951-E640-4972-8441-93C3410C0EE3.jpeg
    214.2 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Top Bottom