easiest way to center labels?? (1 Viewer)

saskbull

Two Pair
Reaction score
So i’ll soon have the task of applying 1400+ labels and from applying my proofs, i’ve noticed how tedious and difficult it is to get the label centered perfectly ( a little bit in either direction and you end up with label above the recess, they are sized PERFECTLY!) what’s everyone’s favourite methods/tips for applying gears unlaminated labels. patience, hobby magnifier and easy on the coffee that week? or am i missing something?
Thanks!

Plenty of natural light helps a lot to see the edge of the recess better.

I use the tip of a radon knife to get the label off the paper, then place the label as far into an edge as possible almost flat. Make sure it looks good then set it down and press it with your thumb.

Tip: as you remove the labels from the sheet, cut the sheet down so the labels are always at the edge. Trying to get the labels off the middle of the sheet can be a real pain in the ass.

Here is a pic of some the labels I have done.

EAE947C9-4120-4BB8-819A-6BC49EE3FFCF.jpeg

Plenty of natural light helps a lot to see the edge of the recess better.

I use the tip of a radon knife to get the label off the paper, then place the label as far into an edge as possible almost flat. Make sure it looks good then set it down and press it with your thumb.

Tip: as you remove the labels from the sheet, cut the sheet down so the labels are always at the edge. Trying to get the labels off the middle of the sheet can be a real pain in the ass.

Here is a pic of some the labels I have done.

View attachment 217113
looks good! do you use the knife blade to hold the label while positioning?

looks good! do you use the knife blade to hold the label while positioning?

Yes, I keep the label on the tip of the blade on the right edge just above the chip as angle it into the recess on the left side. Once I start to press the label in with my thumb I pull the blade out.

You barely want to the label on the blade so it comes out easily.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom