Durrrrr (1 Viewer)

RiverAce01

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
What happened to Tom Dwan? Dude was like the face of poker for what seemed like years. Now he's non-existent.

I heard he got in some heat over big heads up games that he never paid up for or something like that. Just curious if anyone happens to know.

I liked his play, but sometimes had to scratch my head over some of his decisions. Like raising to 95k over a 10k bet with 83o. I guess it was part of his game, since you never could know what he had because of how he played, but I feel like after awhile all the big pros could figure him out.

In one of the latest Doug Polk videos Phil H talks about Dwan being in Macau. Someone he knows had seen him entering a private jet in Macau. So i guess he still is a high roller in China.

I just love to watch the guy play, so I hope he finds his way back to the mainstream.

I just love to watch the guy play, so I hope he finds his way back to the mainstream.

I once heard of the story that is in one of the articles justsomedude posted about how he started a heads up game and then stopped playing because he was down so much. I also heard a story about a similar heads up match he had against Ivey where basically Dwan stiffed him in the fine print of the agreement. Something tells me he won't step back into public eye until he gets either one or both of those settled

He was on a political rant on Twitter not too long ago...

I thought he was teaching over in Macau... I thought I heard that on the Pokercast...

From what I have heard Tom Dwan is definitely playing the biggest games in Macau. Helmut mentions this on video on doug polls Youtube channel. Mentions of multimillion dollar pots he is involved in.
He offered the Durrr challenge where he would give overwhelming good odds IIRC it was like 3:1 or something similar. The deal was had to play a reasonable sample HU at High stakes if you could beat Durrr over the sample then you got a decent payout on top of any winnings you got from playing. Jungle man AKA Daniel Cates took him up and tried to escrow 500k to Phil Ivey. Durr never escrowed the money to Ivey. At the time no one thought he would be less relevant in the poker scene so this was ignored. Jungle man vs Durr started and through the first half of hands or so Durr was buried and the whole community said Durr had little to no chance at a comeback they played somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-30k hands. Around this time Durrr left to go play in Macau. Since then they have played less than 2k hands in like 4 years and it is looking less and less likely to ever be finished. Durrr has basically cheated Jungleman out of the money he claimed he would put up for the Durr challenge and any potential winning jungle would win if they finished the challenge.

I may have some specific detail slightly off but this is the TLDR version.

I do hope he comes back to America and plays on the live poker tv shows because he is good for the game. But he has done some scummy things regarding the door challenge.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom