Dunes CC for cash game (1 Viewer)

BamaT8ter

Full House
Reaction score
Complete newb here (probably obvious from my post count). Planning to make my first foray away from cheap composite chips toward something higher quality. I’m looking to build a large cash set that will support from .25/.50 NL to 1/2 NL and maybe an occasional 2/4 or 3/6 limit game. I’d love to build a set of Paulson chips, but that’s just not economically feasible right now.

I’d love opinions on the Dunes CC set that Apache is selling and thoughts on denominations and chip counts. Any help getting started would be appreciated. I’d prefer not to waste any more money than I have to figuring out things you all already know.

Great "starter" set. I'd recommend trying to find someone selling them used here. Maybe put up a "wanted to buy" ad in the classifieds. It is relatively common for new members to make their first stab in to higher end chips by buying one of the many nice sets of china clays. It is also not uncommon for these members to quickly go down the rabbit hole into the higher end Paulsons and CPCs. Not that the china clays are bad... they just aren't as nice as the really high end chips.

Regarding breakdowns... here is a somewhat standard recommendation for each game you inquired about:
25c/50c NLHE
100x 25c
200x $1
200x $5
40x $20 (or $25)
10-20x $100

1/2 NLHE
100x $1
400x $5
100x $20 (or $25)
20-40x $100

2/4 Limit HE
900x $1
100x $20

3/6 Limit HE
1500x $1
100x $20

I own Pharaohs, original version Dunes China Clays, and just got samples of Majestic, Royals, and the new Dunes. While the Majestics and Royals are nice chips, they are incredibly slippery. They do not stack well at all. The Royals were the worse of the two.

My original Dunes, Pharaohs and the new Dunes stack the best. I would go with the new Dunes, and I am considering that option for my new cash set.

I own a Dunes tournament set (T25 - T25k) and would absolutely recommend them. They do seem to stack a bit better than my majestic, to agree with @Sal Bandini .

Colors look great, and at the price point, they’re one of the few chips that have edgespot progression, which I think is super nice. If I needed another cash set, I’d 10/10 buy them again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom