• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Dunes $5k Baccarat (Shaped inlay) (1 Viewer)

I’ve never seen this Dunes $5k Baccarat chip with a shaped inlay and different edge spots than the commonly found $5k chip.

Might be a nice addition to the right collector.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174317378301
There's a story behind that somewhere. If you search, you can probably turn it up. Long story short, it was an employee giveaway. I think.
Probably a search for dunes lucite will work.

man, with the right lab tech and tools, if you disolved it down to the last nano meter then
had someone laser off the final part, that would be AWESOME.
I would SO do that to the purple 500 if there was like a 60/40 chance it worked with little to no damage.

Smash it on the floor, probably would crack the chip in half, but if you could dissolve id down thin
enough so it was just a micro layer left, Id bet you could flake it off or laser it off.
But the right lab with all the stuff would cost you a fortune.

Did anyone there actaully EVER really do it successfully?

man, with the right lab tech and tools, if you disolved it down to the last nano meter then
had someone laser off the final part, that would be AWESOME.
I would SO do that to the purple 500 if there was like a 60/40 chance it worked with little to no damage.

Smash it on the floor, probably would crack the chip in half, but if you could dissolve id down thin
enough so it was just a micro layer left, Id bet you could flake it off or laser it off.
But the right lab with all the stuff would cost you a fortune.

Did anyone there actaully EVER really do it successfully?
The coin site thread mentioned someone drilled into the lucite and then it ended up coming off the coin (I guess it cracked/flaked off)?

Well, as long as its not like BONDED to the chip when it dries it may just crack off if you cant like drill / cut
into the lucite thin enough it may just crack and peel off which would be AMAZING. There are alot of slabbed
25K bacarrat chips you could get ALOT more for if you could perfect the process. Man, if I see another one
of these slabbed only chips come up I may have to try it. Its worth the gamble at 50$ and if not you can always stop
once it gets down and thin.
This 5K and the purple 500$ would be epic to add to a Dunes sample set not slabbed

I think i would be worried clay chips are more porous and fragile than coins and the chip would break when trying to remove.

Yah it would be less than easy. Im still open to try on a $40 or $50 gamble.
Not a terrible loss but you would have to go EASY on it. Trying to smash it
for sure wouldnt go well. it would be surgery for sure
yah a coin i think would be super easy

Yah it would be less than easy. Im still open to try on a $40 or $50 gamble.
Not a terrible loss but you would have to go EASY on it. Trying to smash it
for sure wouldnt go well. it would be surgery for sure
yah a coin i think would be super easy

Take lots of pictures! Maybe take light layers use acetone with a paint brush slowly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom