Dual Monitor Question (1 Viewer)

manamongkids

Full House
Reaction score
Brief description, would like to get dual monitors for work as it think it would help increase some productivity. I have never setup dual monitors before. My current desktop has 1 HDMI and 1 VGA input. Would these monitors be able to be setup for dual monitor viewing? Do I need any extra cables or adapters to make that happens.

The price is right and the general specs look pretty solid. The reviews are also raving on these.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IKDFL4O/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Yes those monitors will work just fine. You should not need extra cables, unless the monitor does not come with an HDMI cable. No adapters are needed.

My current system runs 5 monitors on 2 video cards with a mix of HDMI and DVI.

Attachments

• 2015-01-27 08.50.48.jpg
    2015-01-27 08.50.48.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 121
If you are running Windows 7+ you have native support for this and shouldn't have any problem as long as your monitors come with the requisite HDMI and VGA cables - just hook them up and you're good to go. Windows XP and earlier did not and a lot more technical expertise was required. Unsure about Vista or any other O/S - best to check first if you're running something else.

It's not the monitors - you need a video card that will handle two monitors or two video cards. Any monitor will do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom