Drink Carts (1 Viewer)

SendThatStack

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Anyone have a good source for drink carts? I looked on Amazon and theres two options both are $90+.

I bought a couple of really cheap ones from Target way back. Too bulky though, they are 16" square.

I bought ones very similar to these (they were $30 per back a few months ago). They are great and have casters which are AWESOME. Install some cupholders and voila.

https://www.amazon.com/SONGMICS-Vintage-Furniture-Rolling-ULNT50X/dp/B077MLYPKZ

1EEB2284-E538-404D-823A-9C220037A761.jpeg

3-5/8". That size of hole saw is actually slightly too big which allows the cup holder to jiggle around a little, but a 3-1/2" is too small.

I've heard that if you use a 3-1/2" hole saw and angle it around as you drill, the cup holder will fit snugly but I haven't tried that before.

3-5/8". That size of hole saw is actually slightly too big which allows the cup holder to jiggle around a little, but a 3-1/2" is too small.

I've heard that if you use a 3-1/2" hole saw and angle it around as you drill, the cup holder will fit snugly but I haven't tried that before.
I have a great solution for the jiggle. Four thumb tacks places a 12 3 6 and 9

You could always add a couple wraps of painters tape to the cupholder to make up for the slightly too big hole.

Are these brybelly jumbo cupholders the way to go? Seems kind of shallow at only 2.5" deep.
https://www.amazon.com/Brybelly-Sin...s&qid=1569684804&s=home-garden&sr=1-4-catcorr

I got mine on eBay for $35 and free shipping: https://ebay.com/itm/10-Pack-Of-Jumbo-Stainless-Steel-Cup-Holder-For-Poker-Table-Boat-RV-Car/273272811913

I just cut mine with the 3 5/8 Holedozer from Milwaukee. I didn't experience the wobble described above but I have the vinyl from the rail tucked and stapled in the cutout, so that might have something to do with it. Right tool for the job but was kind of pricey - by the time I bought the arbor too it came to like $33.

There's no wobble for chip holders in the rail since the foam and vinyl keep it in place. In wood like a racetrack or drink cart, the wobble is noticeable.

I've wrapped tape around the cup holders as well to reduce the jiggle.

There's no wobble for chip holders in the rail since the foam and vinyl keep it in place. In wood like a racetrack or drink cart, the wobble is noticeable.

I've wrapped tape around the cup holders as well to reduce the jiggle.
I’ve done the tape thing as well. What I like about the thumb tack idea is that you can easily remove the cup holders and put them in the dish washer without worrying about the tape peeling off. (You might need to add a small square of vinyl or headliner foam in front of the tack to give it a little extra protrusion).

Chanman builds nice drink carts. Seen it in person from the meetups. Not sure if he still makes them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom