Drink Carts

SendThatStack

Two Pair
Reaction score
Anyone have a good source for drink carts? I looked on Amazon and theres two options both are $90+.

Jake14mw

Pair
Reaction score
I bought a couple of really cheap ones from Target way back. Too bulky though, they are 16" square.

T_Chan

Full House
Site Vendor
Reaction score
3-5/8". That size of hole saw is actually slightly too big which allows the cup holder to jiggle around a little, but a 3-1/2" is too small.

I've heard that if you use a 3-1/2" hole saw and angle it around as you drill, the cup holder will fit snugly but I haven't tried that before.

Al Azouri

Pair
Reaction score
3-5/8". That size of hole saw is actually slightly too big which allows the cup holder to jiggle around a little, but a 3-1/2" is too small.

I've heard that if you use a 3-1/2" hole saw and angle it around as you drill, the cup holder will fit snugly but I haven't tried that before.
I have a great solution for the jiggle. Four thumb tacks places a 12 3 6 and 9

72o

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could always add a couple wraps of painters tape to the cupholder to make up for the slightly too big hole.

Moxie Mike

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
I got mine on Ebay for $35 and free shipping: https://ebay.com/itm/10-Pack-Of-Jumbo-Stainless-Steel-Cup-Holder-For-Poker-Table-Boat-RV-Car/273272811913

I just cut mine with the 3 5/8 Holedozer from Milwaukee. I didn't experience the wobble described above but I have the vinyl from the rail tucked and stapled in the cutout, so that might have something to do with it. Right tool for the job but was kind of pricey - by the time I bought the arbor too it came to like $33.

T_Chan

Full House
Site Vendor
Reaction score
There's no wobble for chip holders in the rail since the foam and vinyl keep it in place. In wood like a racetrack or drink cart, the wobble is noticeable.

I've wrapped tape around the cup holders as well to reduce the jiggle.

Al Azouri

Pair
Reaction score
There's no wobble for chip holders in the rail since the foam and vinyl keep it in place. In wood like a racetrack or drink cart, the wobble is noticeable.

I've wrapped tape around the cup holders as well to reduce the jiggle.
I’ve done the tape thing as well. What I like about the thumb tack idea is that you can easily remove the cup holders and put them in the dish washer without worrying about the tape peeling off. (You might need to add a small square of vinyl or headliner foam in front of the tack to give it a little extra protrusion).

DonkeyKing

Two Pair
Reaction score
Chanman builds nice drink carts. Seen it in person from the meetups. Not sure if he still makes them.

Top Bottom