Dreamin’/Nightmares about Chips (1 Viewer)

cmbird23

High Hand
Reaction score
So still pretty new to the community but I have been spending significant time searching, reading, and researching all things chips.

This am I woke up to a nightmare where I believed I had spent $4000 (accidentally) on eBay to buy 400x plastic chips with maybe SpongeBob on them, not exactly sure but they were not good chips. I was mortified. Like cold sweats and panic when I woke.

I quickly looked to see I had not tried to buy anything like that on any site. Phew!

Figured I’d ask others about their chippin dreams/ nightmares?

9C12A14C-64AD-43E5-846E-351549D454E4.jpeg
CD007482-D35F-4BFB-BBFC-7AB2C2D9735C.jpeg

Like these characters had babies with these chips!!!!

And I didn’t use the buy-it now option on eBay I some how legit bid $4000, thinking someone might outbid me.

It was rough

Not exactly. I did have a dream two nights ago where I was in some kind of poker tournament, but it was really less about the poker more of a hide and seek game where you had to murder your opponents.

Not exactly. I did have a dream two nights ago where I was in some kind of poker tournament, but it was really less about the poker more of a hide and seek game where you had to murder your opponents.
Wow that sounds intense!

Playing with a literal “kill” button….

I’ve had dreams where I’m at a party and a number of people want to play, but there’s no chips. I’m excited to drive home and get mine, but the dream suddenly becomes a series of adventures and delays that keep me from actually getting back to the game.

I constantly have nightmares about my guitars, though…Im out somewhere and I put one down for a second, and it’s gone.
Thankfully never had any chip dreams like that.

i dream about being at a foxwoods-esque - but not quite foxwoods - poker room so often it is like a second home for me. but inexplicably, i have never paid attention to the chips.

counting my stack:
over and over and it never seems to finish :eek:
I keep losing track!
so wake up all pissed off, take a leak, and it starts all over again :mad:

counting my stack:
over and over and it never seems to finish :eek:
I keep losing track!
so wake up all pissed off, take a leak, and it starts all over again :mad:
Lol, I have one like that often…I need to make an important call, and I cannot seem to push the correct numbers without making a mistake an needing to start over.

Strangely enough, I had my only chip-related fragment of a dream just earlier this week. Context is a little blurry, but I remember passing by a home game table, not playing, and one of the players said with some dread/alarm. "we need another rack of good $1000s!" I remember being completely at ease because I knew, in my heart of hearts, that I could produce that rack at any moment.

Hey, at least it wasn't a nightmare.

My main chipping/poker nightmare is attending a terribly run cash game that uses dice chips or the equivalent
One of my friends and poker regulars has a game like this which his sister in law and her family run at get togethers. They do 1-2 blinds with a $40 max buy in and use dice chips so it's basically an all in fest. No matter how much he tries to explain that they should lower the blinds or raise the buy in, they want to keep it that way.

He told me after one of those games how much he appreciates and enjoys the chips I bring to the table as well as the structure of the game. Finally, recognition for all the effort! lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom